SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-26-2012, 09:12 AM
Sage Icon

VC-1 .m2ts playback jerky - fine in graphedit

I am having trouble with playback of VC-1 blu-ray rips (.m2ts) in Sage only. It is jerky whereas in graphedit or other programs playback is fine. I have tried to explicitly choose the filters in Sage to match the filters which graphedit uses but still no luck (WMVideo Decoder DMO & LAV Audio). I think a possible difference is Sage might not be using the LAV splitter since it fails to play .MKV files but there doesn't seem to be any way to connect to Sage with graphedit so I can't see what the differences are. Any suggestions?
Old 02-26-2012, 06:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncb View Post
I am having trouble with playback of VC-1 blu-ray rips (.m2ts) in Sage only. It is jerky whereas in graphedit or other programs playback is fine. I have tried to explicitly choose the filters in Sage to match the filters which graphedit uses but still no luck (WMVideo Decoder DMO & LAV Audio). I think a possible difference is Sage might not be using the LAV splitter since it fails to play .MKV files but there doesn't seem to be any way to connect to Sage with graphedit so I can't see what the differences are. Any suggestions?
You don't mention any of your configuration. But I have had to disable UAC on Win 7 and set the enablestreamdemux key to 0 in the registry, or alternately use Babgavant sage registry tools to do it. Set sage to default and directshow and it should use whatever filters graphedit uses.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:46 PM
Sage Icon

I was able to solve this by disabling the Sage splitter and converting to MKV.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:20 AM
SageTVaholic

That's what I had to do as well. Works perfectly now. Sage doesn't get along with vc-1.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:57 PM
Sage Icon

works perfectly using the TMT 5 decoder. Give it a whirl. You can separate out the codec from TMT free version.