SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 04-05-2011, 08:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Question ATTN: DirectShow filter Gurus: SageTV MpegDeMux and TS/M2TS HD playback

Hello,

I had asked for help a couple of days ago in this thread. However, the title was inaccurate and I think I did a terrible job in explaining the problem; hence, I didnt get very far. This post/thread should be much more precise in explaining the issue (now that I have a better idea what's going on). I have already sent a note to sagetV support; however, there are probably more people here who have direct experience with Arcsoft Audio Decoder HD (TMT 3) who might be able to help.

Issue: "Arcsoft Audio Decoder HD" wont connect to SageTV MpegDemux for DTS, DTS-MA, TrueHD (will only connect directly when AC3 stream present). This happens inside sageTV or in graphedit

It's important to note that:

1. Arcsoft Audio Decoder HD connects to popular splitters (LAV, Gabest, Haali) for DTS, DTS-MA, TrueHD, and AC3) on same PC and same media files; and, decodes bit-perfect (24bit/96khz) 5.1 channel audio streams.

2. There are some people who dont have any issues with the same Audio decoder (same exact version -TMT 3 Platinum 3.0.1.185) using sageTV 7 or graphedit.

The only way Arcsoft ends up connecting to SageTV MpegDemux on my PC is via the ACM Wrapper. There seems to be a component or configuration setting which makes SageTV MpegDeMux to think that Arcsoft Audio Decoder HD isn't suitable specifically for DTS/DTS-HD/TrueHD decoding; hence, as a last resort, using ACM Wrapper. Why do other 3rd party splitters not have this problem on the same PC? I dont know.

I have no issues with MKV containers. SageTV will allow me to use “EnableSageTVStreamDemux”=0 and sageTV set to use directshow (in order to avoid using SageTV MpegDeMux); hence, I get perfect audio playback/decoding for MKVs in sageTV and outside directshow players such as WMP, Zoomplayer, MPC, Graphedit, etc (including TS, M2TS, and MP3 containers). Unfortunately “EnableSageTVStreamDemux”=0 doesnt apply to TS and M2TS containers. You are forced to use SageTV MpegDemux for Video Imports no matter what you do. Trying to use HKLM\Software\Frey Technologies\Common\DirectShow\CustomDemuxGuid doesn't work at all; its produces the same error as unregistering SageTV MpegDeMux filter (which is a also responsible for TV playback).

Using SageTV MpegDeMux (wants to connect to ACM Wrapper before connecting to my audio decoder):

Using LAV Splitter (or any other splitter playing back the same media file with DTS-MA):

Thanks,
MKANET

***RIP SageTV***