SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 11-30-2010, 06:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

My Movies constantly scanning

ok, had this up and going for a few days now, however it seems as if MM is constantly scanning, the icon never goes away.. I have it set to scan once every 24 hrs. not sure where else to look.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkapp View Post
ok, had this up and going for a few days now, however it seems as if MM is constantly scanning, the icon never goes away.. I have it set to scan once every 24 hrs. not sure where else to look.
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51517
Old 11-30-2010, 07:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

my bad, will send logs,
Old 11-30-2010, 07:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

log sent but for some reason i do not have any files (sagetv0.txt and sagetvclient0.text log) in the sagetv/sagetv folder
Old 11-30-2010, 08:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Turn debugging on in the default sagetv settings.
Old 12-02-2010, 02:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

ok, finally got all the logs.. sent today.. still continues to scan, never stops. thought it may have had something to do with the netflix/hula queue importer, turned it off but still does it..
Old 12-09-2010, 04:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

just wondering if anyone else is having this issue as i have not been able to resolve it.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

I've noticed the icon remaining in the upper right for a long time as well. Not sure what SMM is doing.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkapp View Post
just wondering if anyone else is having this issue as i have not been able to resolve it.
Yeah same here. Sent logs to Plucky. Is your isntallation working? It works on my server, but not my client. My client hangs on caching images.

flips
Old 12-11-2010, 05:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

ya, seems to work fine with the exception i am not able to arrow over to the "view" sub menu on the extenders, i have to hit the enter button and then options to select the view i want. the sub menu comes up and i can change what views are shown there but cant select on from the home screen. thats not an issue really
Old 12-30-2010, 08:08 AM
Sage Advanced User

It looks like I was able to fix my installation last night. I'm not sure how much help that will be for anyone else though as I wasn't very systematic about it.

I uninstalled the plugin from the UI and then deleted the sagetv directory from the mymovies share. I re-installed from the UI. Then I went to the client and just did a reset plugin configuration, which took a while, but did eventually finish. After that it successfully cached all the images, and the mymovies icon in the title bar disappeared.

Like I said it wasn't very systematic, but it did get it working for me.

flips
Old 01-09-2011, 08:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Well it looks like I spoke too soon. Back to the same issue. Not sure if this is releated, but the issue came back when I copied a movie over and changed "Grown_ups" to "Grown Ups". I wonder if that got something messed up.

I re-installed on my server, and I still have a constantly scanning icon. Also, when I try to rebuild database (the icon says rebuilt database) it doesn't seem to do anything. In the past I thought it would ask for confirmation. I can go right back into my movies without the rebuilding database error, so I don't think it is actually rebuilding the database, maybe because it thinks is already is...

How do you remove all traces of SMM and start over? Is it all just in the sagetv folder in the mymovies file share?

flips
Old 01-10-2011, 09:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

After posting last night I played around with it some more. I think I might of found the root of the issue this time.

I'm thinking my issue was on the mymovies database (not the SMM database). I ran optimize database in collection manager, deleted the sagetv directory in mymovies file share, and deleted the cache directories on the server and client. Reisntalled, and the icon disapeared on BOTH the client and the server this time.

I hope that turns out to be it. If not I will be back posting again in a few days.

flips
Old 07-05-2011, 05:26 PM
Sage User

Just to follow up on this as I have been experiencing this myself quite a bit recently:

I stopped the Sage service, closed Sage itself, and deleted the 'DataFiles' directory from within the MyMovies share. I restarted the service, reopened Sage, and the scan finished this time.

I had attempted to restart Sage before but the scan kept going. Deleting the DataFiles directory is what did the trick for me.

I deleted all the log files and then opened SageTV. The scan was stuck so I closed Sage. These are clean logs showing a single open/close cycle of Sage where the scan got stuck. Hopefully this will help shed some light on the issue.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Sage Logs.zip (38.0 KB, 265 views)
Old 07-05-2011, 07:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Those logs actually look good on SMM side what is the issue?