SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 09-08-2005, 10:31 PM
Sage User

SageTV 3.07 constantly recording

I just installed 3.07 on a fresh install of WinXP and everything went smoothly. However the SageTV box is constantly recording whatever shows are on at the moment. I am getting shows recorded that I didn't select and they are not being auto-deleted. I have intelligent recording disabled.
Client 2: Alienware Laptop 2.2GHz Core2 Duo + 2GB RAM + SageTV PlaceShifter
Old 09-08-2005, 10:47 PM
Administrator

Some more info might be needed... What are you doing while those shows are being recorded? Are you watching anything live, or is SageTV sleeping? What kind of tuner is in use for this? Are the recordings all on the same channel, or are the shows from a mix of channels?

In Detailed Setup -> Customize, what is the setting for "Delete Live TV files when not using Intelligent Recording"?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-09-2005, 06:22 AM
Sage Icon

I've noticed that it seems like it takes a while for the auto-delete to work. I've seen 2-3 shows show up while watching live TV, but eventually, they went away...
Old 09-09-2005, 08:11 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
Some more info might be needed... What are you doing while those shows are being recorded? Are you watching anything live, or is SageTV sleeping? What kind of tuner is in use for this? Are the recordings all on the same channel, or are the shows from a mix of channels?

In Detailed Setup -> Customize, what is the setting for "Delete Live TV files when not using Intelligent Recording"?

- Andy
Sorry about that. Here are the details:

The SageTV box is at main manu when this is occurring. Whatever channel you happen to have looked at last on the guide is recorded. For example, I watched an episode of Superman the Animated Series on Boomerang last night and this morning I checked and it recorded everything else that was on afterwards. Its recording "Snorks" even as I write this. It usually grabs everything on the last channel viewed in LiveTV unless a favorite comes up and then it changes channels and then records everything there. The setting for deleting the non-Intelligent Recorded Shows is enabled. Could this have something to do with having show previews in the guide?

Rig: Athlon64 3000+ on Asus K8N mobo (Socket 754)
512MB RAM
Geforce 5700 vid card
Hauppage PVR-150 MCE
Onboard audio
Actisys serial IR Blaster
Streamzap Remote
Dish Model 300 (?) Set top box - the $99 unit
Windows XP x32 SP2
NOD32 Antivirus
3Com 3C996 gigabit ethernet card
Java auto updated to 1.5
Old 09-09-2005, 08:56 AM
Sage Expert

I've had something similar happen in the past. I "solved" the problem by always making sure I click on "Sleep" in the main menu before I go to bed. I know it's a workaround, but thought I'd throw it out there...
Old 09-09-2005, 09:08 AM
Sage User

Sleep mode doesn't seem to do anything other than launch the screensaver. I'm getting a Schrödinger's Cat scenario here. If I look to see if it's recording - it's recording. Regardless of whether I'm on the SageTV box or using my SageTV Client (which works fine in Windows XP x64 BTW).
Old 09-09-2005, 09:10 AM

Sage will always record the last channel you were watching. It will delete the files though and not save them as recordings. To cose the last watched channel, use the Stop command or Sleep (though you may need to set sleep to not sue screen saver). Also make sure you don't have any kind of video background or preview with a setting of Always.
Old 09-09-2005, 09:29 AM
Sage User

That's the problem. It is saving them as recordings. My hard drive is filling up with whatever is blathering on the last channel I looked at. It even shows up in the recording schedule as the show being currently recorded. And they are not being deleted. Now I had modified the default directory where the files are saved. I have it pointing to C:\public\SageTV (a shared folder on that machine so I can copy files for imaging them onto DVD's). Could this be the problem?
Old 09-09-2005, 09:31 AM
Sage Icon

I've also had some weird things happen with screen savers (the Windows ones), that use 3D rendering...

Not sure if it's at all related, but I just disabled all screen savers, and used the sleep command. Actually, on my Harmony remote, the off command for the HTPC is setup as "Sleep."
Old 09-09-2005, 09:31 AM
Sage User

Also, if I am watching Live TV and the program ends on the channel I am watching, the SageTV box always IRBlasts the Dish controller to change to the same channel.
Old 09-09-2005, 09:33 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by etrigan63
That's the problem. It is saving them as recordings. My hard drive is filling up with whatever is blathering on the last channel I looked at. It even shows up in the recording schedule as the show being currently recorded. And they are not being deleted. Now I had modified the default directory where the files are saved. I have it pointing to C:\public\SageTV (a shared folder on that machine so I can copy files for imaging them onto DVD's). Could this be the problem?
Shouldn't be a problem, I've done the same thing. Might want to check permissions on that folder though, (public and SageTV) and make sure they aren't "read-only."
Old 09-09-2005, 09:35 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Also, if I am watching Live TV and the program ends on the channel I am watching, the SageTV box always IRBlasts the Dish controller to change to the same channel.
Hmm...that sounds strange. It sounds like it's being setup to record on purpose, and is not a function of LiveTV. May need to check your recording schedule, and see if there is something funny in there.
Old 09-09-2005, 09:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
My hard drive is filling up with whatever is blathering on the last channel I looked at.
If you have Intelligent Recording enabled, Sage won't delete anything until it needs space (according to whatever disk space rule you've chosen).
Old 09-09-2005, 09:37 AM
SageTVaholic

As mlbdude says, check the video preview options
(main menu: ESC or CTRL-O or right-click or whatever remote button pops up an options menu)

If it is set to 'always' then this is your problem: Sage will always be trying to record live TV when awake...
Set it to 'when active' and you will only get a preview window when you are currently watching something. Stop playback and no more video will be shown.
Old 09-09-2005, 09:53 AM
Sage User

OK that's been cleared up. A combo of folder permissions and needing to reboot SageTV. Now something else popped up. The Actisys is taking too long to send signals now and the channel changes are not registering. I tried changing it in the Source menu but it won't go below 600ms/1000ms. Can I change that in the properties file directly with SageTV turned off?
Old 09-09-2005, 10:41 AM
Administrator

Quote:
That is controlled by the mmc/always_tune_channel property, but in v3 you can change it in Detailed Setup -> Customize. Look for the "Always tune channel" option.

Quote:
Now something else popped up. The Actisys is taking too long to send signals now and the channel changes are not registering. I tried changing it in the Source menu but it won't go below 600ms/1000ms. Can I change that in the properties file directly with SageTV turned off?
You should be able to change those values in the Remote Control Options dialog explained on p. 150 in the v3 manual. If you can't change it there, maybe there is another permissions issue. To do it manually, edit the appropriate .IR file in <install dir>\Common\RemoteCodes\ACTiSYS IR200L.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:53 PM
Sage User

Got it. All works fine now. Thanks.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:50 PM

Carlos,

What driver are you using?
I also have WinXP 64-bit and I have a PVR-250 (currently in an older machine).
I'd like to install the card into the WinXP 64 machine but haven't been able to find drivers either here or on the PlanetAMD forums.

Thanks.

JB
Old 10-11-2005, 02:59 PM
Sage User

The are no TV card drivers for x64 yet. They are in the works, however. We even have a grass roots driver compile project happening on our site. Check for the thread titled "TV Card Driver Compile"
Old 10-11-2005, 06:24 PM

Thanks. I'll check that thread over at PlanetAMD64.

In re-reading your post above, I looks like you've been able to use Sage Client with x64. Maybe I'll go that route until Conexant decides to release the 64 bit drivers.