SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 08-19-2009, 08:04 AM
Sage User

How to turn off - Constantly recording

Perhaps this is a new feature of the latest Sage release, but currently whenever Sage is open, it's recording a show. The red icon REC icon in the upper right is always there, and the current show shows up in the SageTV Recordings menu.
It didn't used to work this way, and I find it annoying.

How do I turn it off?

Thanks
Old 08-19-2009, 08:16 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigglytoes View Post
Perhaps this is a new feature of the latest Sage release, but currently whenever Sage is open, it's recording a show. The red icon REC icon in the upper right is always there, and the current show shows up in the SageTV Recordings menu.
It didn't used to work this way, and I find it annoying.

How do I turn it off?

Thanks
Do you have Intelligent Recording enabled? If so, try turning it off.
Client: Fire TV Stick 4K
Old 08-19-2009, 08:50 AM
Administrator

In the Video Menu Options (use the Options command on almost any menu), is Display Video on Menus set to Always? If so, change it.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:35 AM
Sage Icon

Andy's suggestion is the correct one for a permanent solution. However, if you simply want to stop recording occationally, but normally have the TV show appear in the menus, you can simply press stop. If the show is simply being recorded because it is live TV, it will stop recording (and showing) the show. If it is a favorite, then pressing stop will stop playback, but not stop recording.
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Amazon Firestick 4k and Nvidia Shield using the MiniClient
Using CQC to control it all
Old 08-20-2009, 06:02 AM
Sage User

Remote Shut Off of MVPs or HD200s

If you have an Media Extender, someone may have left it on. My wife never shuts off the media extender, so I am constantly recording. Does anyone know if there is a way to turn off the recording from the server, even if the clients are watching a channel? I know there is a sleep plug-in out there, but I don't necessarily want a shut down in the middle of a late night show, but I do want to be able to stop the recording of infomercials in the morning without going to each extender.
Old 08-20-2009, 06:15 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharker View Post
If you have an Media Extender, someone may have left it on. My wife never shuts off the media extender, so I am constantly recording. Does anyone know if there is a way to turn off the recording from the server, even if the clients are watching a channel? I know there is a sleep plug-in out there, but I don't necessarily want a shut down in the middle of a late night show, but I do want to be able to stop the recording of infomercials in the morning without going to each extender.
Probably the easiest solution is to use nielm's webserver, which includes a Power Off option for the extenders; I'm not sure if it works with the HD100 or HD200, but it works well for the MediaMVP's.