SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 09-26-2013, 03:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

any way to control which card records a show?

With the current deliberate bs scheduling by network of scheduling a show to end at one minute after hour or half hour it is affecting my recording schedules. Unfortunately sage is splitting up two back to back shows onto 2 diff cards. If they would record on same card I wouldn't have a scheduling conflict. Any fix for this? other than adding another card?

Galaxysurfer
Old 09-26-2013, 05:54 PM
Sage Icon

how about setting the favorite recording settings to *not* record past the end.
then you will get the last minute of the previous show in the new recording plus the full recording of the next... all using the same tuner.

not pretty but should work...
Old 09-27-2013, 07:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Just turn off the padding on back to back favorites on the same channel. It is in detailed setup just don't remember the exact name and am at work so can't look it up.

But this is one reason I have so many servers and tuners. I want each show with a lot of padding and I don't want to have to watch the start of one show at the end of the previous so I try to have two tuners for every show I expect to record simultaneously. Also for OTA I have multiple servers recording the same show (prime time major networks) that way at least one of them should get a good recording.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:57 AM
Sage Icon

Isnt that what I just said?
Old 09-27-2013, 01:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflamm View Post
Isnt that what I just said?
Yes but my suggestion affects all favorites. What you said looked like it was a change to a particular favorite so would have to be changed for each one individually. If that was not what you were saying then sorry I misread your intent.
Old 09-27-2013, 02:42 PM
Sage Icon

My mistake, I was referring to the setting on the Favorites themselves. However, you can set the defaults for all favorites:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12520

The setting you are referring to is under Detailed Setup > Customize Settings :

Quote:
Remove padding on back to back Favorites

As you said, the downside to either approach is it can be very frustrating to have to look at the next show to see the last couple minutes of the last show.

I also have many tuners (9) as a solution.