SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 07-14-2008, 12:33 PM
Sage User

Unhappy No longer records the Daily Show

So at some point in the last few updates SageTV has stopped recording The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, I realize the Show has the same title and description everyday so I turned off Detect repeat airings with non-unique IDs but no dice, I tried it with first runs and reruns, reruns only and every other option that I can find for favorites. but to no avail, this used to work so has something gotten too damn clever or is this a bug?
Old 07-14-2008, 12:43 PM
Sage Icon

Does anything in here help?
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...05&postcount=7
Old 07-14-2008, 01:15 PM
Sage User

Thanks but I've seen that FAQ and tried everything, my favorite is outlined in white but I only get the first recording if I delete all the current recordings, I think some coder got too clever somewhere
Old 07-14-2008, 01:26 PM
Sage Icon

Have you tried deleting that favorite and re-creating it as new favorite? I have daily show recorded and no problems here.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:33 PM
Sage User

yep, it used to work for me, something has changed, I may have to do a clean re-install but that's a pain as I loose all my recordings information but other than manually select this every week I'm at a loss, if I select the future airings page it see's the whole weeks bunch of episodes but only the first one is set to record.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

Weird...I haven't seen the Daily Show recorded in a while. I just assumed they were on vacation last week and expected to see it fire back up this week (has happened in the past). I guess I'm seeing the same issue as you then? Are you sure they're not on vacation?
Media Server / NAS:
Case: Thermaltake Armor CPU: AMD Opteron 1218 (2.6GHz Dual Core) Motherboard: ASUS MN2-LR Memory: 2GB Gfx Card: Headless Tuner: Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge PVR-350 (not in use) O/S: Windows 7 Sage: Latest RAID: On-Board Drives: 6 x 1.5TB SATA RAID-5, 2 x 80GB IDE RAID-1 (O/S) Storage: 7.5TB Total
Old 07-14-2008, 03:04 PM
Administrator

The ShowID is the part that needs to be unique on the details screen for the airing; the fact that there is no description doesn't matter much if the ID is a unique EP-prefixed ID... which they are for this week.

Also, check the Additional Airings from the Favorite Details screen to see which airings are considered to be coverd by the Favorite. If they aren't listed there, they aren't part of the Fav for some reason.

Has the EPG data been updated recently when you checked the future airings? Give the schedule time to update & check again in a couple hours.

If you want to recreate the Fav, you don't need to do a full SageTV re-install -- simply remove the favorite & re-add it. In v6.4.5, you can sort the Favorites by Title, so you could see if there are more than 1 Fav covering that show.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:06 PM
Sage Icon

On vacation last week and the week before. On my system I saw that it had scheduled for recording last night as it should have. I will check back tonight to make sure it actually did record.

S
Old 07-14-2008, 03:28 PM
Sage Expert

Check the "Keep:" and "Keep up to:" settings. I recently had one Favorite swap it's setting from "Keep: Until space it needed" to "Until I delete", while my Keep: was set to 2 shows. Sometimes my computer's keyboard buffer likes to pretend it's HAL9000 and I just have to hope that nothing critical gets modified.

And when the EPG shows a title with no show description I've had SageTV not schedule the recording until I change the setting to First Runs and Reruns.

I really like using Nielm's Sage Webserver and have set a RSS Feed /sagepublic/Rss/RecordingSchedule in the Bookmark Toolbar so I can tell at a glance what's comming up.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:37 PM
Sage User

The Daily Show and The Colbert Report were on vacation the last 2 weeks. All of the episodes were recent repeats that were probably marked as watched in your system. They're both scheduled to record tonight on my system.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

I hate to admit this, but I am having the same problem with Wheel of Fortune, I have even told it to record all episodes.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:20 AM
Sage User

I know they have been on vacation, the issue is its only going to record the first show this week, in the additional airings it shows 6 episodes all in white boxes (indicating fav status) but it is only wanting to record 1 episode.

I'll try some of the other suggestions after work today

Wheel of Fortune! really
Old 07-15-2008, 12:32 AM
Sage User

Just checked the ShowID its the same every day, I'm using XMLTV from the radio time website, maybe something changed in XML download/conversion process I use

XMLTV

http://www.birtles.org.uk/xmltv/

and

XMLTV Importer

http://www.lmgestion.net/@en-us/4/22/59/57/article.asp

still don't see why can't I force SageTV to record everything even if its the same ID? I thought that's what the detect non unique I'd thing was for, that's why its off, maybe the thing is actually stuck on?
Old 07-15-2008, 12:58 AM
Sage User

i do have exactly the same problem...

i get EPG data via dvb-s and the show which should get recorded has every day the same Show ID, i also can't get sage to record this show... i think it's time for a bug report...

Server: Athlon X2 4850e (2x2,5Ghz); AMD 780G Chipset, 2 Gb RAM ; ATI Radeon HD 3200; Technotrend S2-3200 DVB-S + CI, Hauppauge PVR 150 (only as IR receiver)
Winows XP Pro; SageTV v6.4.5
Clients: Placeshifter