SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 04-05-2006, 02:36 PM
Sage Fanatic

Show ID

I am having a problem with episodes of shows that I have already watched being re-recorded since switching from the internal SageTV EPG to XMLTV.

I suspect the show ID. Can someone who is using the internal Sage EPG please share a couple of show IDs so I can compare them with the ones generated by Demedius' importer? Just a few common shows like American Idol, My Name is Earl, Scrubs, Lost, etc.

The show ID can be seen from the detailed info screen and it will be something like EP142942.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-05-2006, 03:35 PM
Administrator

The show IDs are not going to match between the built-in EPG data & XMLTV listings. XMLTV has to generate IDs, while the Zap2It-provided data uses numbers that have been assigned.

Edit: if you go to www.zap2it.com & check the listings for your area, you will see the dbKey episode ID in the URL for each episode.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-05-2006, 04:00 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
The show IDs are not going to match between the built-in EPG data & XMLTV listings. XMLTV has to generate IDs, while the Zap2It-provided data uses numbers that have been assigned.

Edit: if you go to www.zap2it.com & check the listings for your area, you will see the dbKey episode ID in the URL for each episode.

- Andy
I am getting the XMLTV data from Zap2it so I think the IDs will match, I just think that Demedius' importer is modifying the ID differently than the internal Sage EPG so the IDs don't match.

If you can tell me how Sage does it, or just tell me a few of your show IDs so I can figure it out that would be appreciated.
Old 04-05-2006, 04:07 PM
Administrator

See my above post again: SageTV just uses the assigned IDs that are part of the Zap2It data. Go to the Zap2It site via the link above & check the listings, hover your mouse over a show & you should see the URL in the browser status bar (or click on it & it will be in the address bar). Those are the IDs used for the built-in EPG data.

I guess it all depends on whether an XMLTV plugin is using those assigned IDs or whether it is generating its own.

Edit, for example: tonight's CBS episode of Amazing Race shows dbKey=EP8084030006. That is the number SageTV uses.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-05-2006, 06:05 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
See my above post again: SageTV just uses the assigned IDs that are part of the Zap2It data. Go to the Zap2It site via the link above & check the listings, hover your mouse over a show & you should see the URL in the browser status bar (or click on it & it will be in the address bar). Those are the IDs used for the built-in EPG data.

I guess it all depends on whether an XMLTV plugin is using those assigned IDs or whether it is generating its own.

Edit, for example: tonight's CBS episode of Amazing Race shows dbKey=EP8084030006. That is the number SageTV uses.

- Andy
Sorry for skipping over the help yourself portion of your post, it wasn't intentional.

I checked the show ID I have in Sage and the XMLTV file used by the importer that created it. The show ID in Sage is completely different (SH0N0cJG906), but I can see that the source XMLTV file has the correct show ID:
Code:
<episode-num system="dd_progid">EP808403.0006</episode-num>
I'm pretty sure the difference is due to Demedius' importer, I think he generates his own because his XMLTV data does not provide it. I will ask him to give the option of using the source's show ID.

Thanks for your help.