SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 07-11-2011, 03:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

MyMovies collection manager, does it need to stay running?

I am not that new to sage but I am not an expert in how sage handles metadata.

Though I have a box with a few gigs of ram I waas looking at ram consumption and was wondering if I need to have the mymovies SQL server running at all times?

The collection manager is set to export the properties files in the sageTV format. That appears to feed the metadata when I go do the DVD menu. Is that the way it is supposed to be? It seems if I just use the DVD repository I dont need to run the sql server at all times.

When I loaded the MyMovies UI and go the MyMovies menu it fails if the sql server is not running. So I assume it is pulling right from the database?
Old 07-11-2011, 04:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by personalt View Post
I am not that new to sage but I am not an expert in how sage handles metadata.

Though I have a box with a few gigs of ram I waas looking at ram consumption and was wondering if I need to have the mymovies SQL server running at all times?

The collection manager is set to export the properties files in the sageTV format. That appears to feed the metadata when I go do the DVD menu. Is that the way it is supposed to be? It seems if I just use the DVD repository I dont need to run the sql server at all times.

When I loaded the MyMovies UI and go the MyMovies menu it fails if the sql server is not running. So I assume it is pulling right from the database?
If you just want meta data and no SMM then no you don't have to have the collection manager running. If you do want the SMM UI then yes it does have to be running at all times and yes it consumes a crapload of memory.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:09 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
If you just want meta data and no SMM then no you don't have to have the collection manager running. If you do want the SMM UI then yes it does have to be running at all times and yes it consumes a crapload of memory.
Correct thanks for helping out!
Old 07-12-2011, 08:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Correct thanks for helping out!
No problem.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.