SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 08-19-2010, 10:52 AM
Sage Icon

Photo Slideshow & LiveTV/Music?

When I work out, I like having the TV on one of the "Music" channels (DirecTV) but of course there isn't anything on the screen.

Is there any method of getting the TV Sound while playing a Photo Slideshow?

I really don't have a music collection but if that is possible with the Photo Slideshow I might look into doing that if the TV Sound doesn't work.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:19 AM
Sage Icon

With the "play video as background in the menu" (or whatever it's called) and either the slide show, or setting the slide-show as screen saver, you might be able to get something like that...
TbSageTV (1.02)/STVRemote (1.11): Monitor/control SageTV with a PlayBook 2
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 08-19-2010, 11:48 AM
Sage Icon

nope. photo slideshow cuts out the sound when I tried it.

haven't tried screen saver yet. any way to force it into screensaver upon demand?
Old 08-19-2010, 07:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

This works for me .....

I am however using winamp as the music player as i like the milkdrop visualizations (install instructions are in this forum just search for winamp.) .... all i do is start the music playing then 'back' out to the main menu and start the slideshow... works great ... I would have expected it to work with the standard player also but will defer to the user above who has tried it.....

Peter

Last edited by FlyingDoc; 08-19-2010 at 07:35 PM. Reason: spelling ...
Old 08-19-2010, 08:15 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDoc View Post
This works for me .....

I am however using winamp as the music player
I kinda doubt you can use winamp to play music from a DirectTV channel...
TbSageTV (1.02)/STVRemote (1.11): Monitor/control SageTV with a PlayBook 2
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 08-19-2010, 09:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

oops missed that one ... i just saw "music" ..... i stand corrected and will dive back in to my cave now ...
Old 08-20-2010, 07:24 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDoc View Post
This works for me .....
I am however using winamp as the music player as i like the milkdrop visualizations (install instructions are in this forum just search for winamp.) .... all i do is start the music playing then 'back' out to the main menu and start the slideshow... works great ... I would have expected it to work with the standard player also but will defer to the user above who has tried it.....

Peter
I'll play around a little with this. Don't have a music library but if that is what I need to get both music and slideshow to happen at same time, then I might look into it. Have a few music CDs.

What would you recommend for ripping music CDs?
Old 08-20-2010, 03:05 PM
Sage Expert

There are a lot of options for encoding. If you want lossless there is FLAC, lossless WMA, lossless AAC, and APE. If you want lossy there is mp3, wma, and aac.

I've taken to using EAC and ripping my discs to FLAC, the merits of which are debatable Each disc ends up taking ~300-400 MB which is considerably more than a lossy format, but when played back through my AVR I can hear a difference. EAC will also rip to mp3 so there are plenty of encoding options there or directly to PCM wav files which would let you do whatever you want with them.

If you want to use WMA, you would need to rip with Windows Media Player, and for AAC you'd need to use Itunes.

To keep things Sage compatible, I think you should stick to mp3, flac, or wma. I haven't tried APE or AAC with Sage so proceed at your own risk unless someone else has some info for ya