SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 11-28-2009, 05:21 PM
Sage User

new install, remote not working correctly

I have just reinstalled my sagetv software on a new windows xp pc. I use a hauppauge 1600 card with IR blaster and 45 button remote for the tuner and it worked great on my last pc, but now the remote only controls a few functions of sage, but others still control "wintv" which is the software for my hauppauge tuner card. For example, if I press the "home" button on the remote it should take me to sage main menu but it instead starts to run wintv. All functions work with the mouse and i have ran the setup wizard for sage a few times and still no luck. Any suggestions?
Old 11-28-2009, 05:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

Did you replace your irremote.ini file in your Windows folder with your backup one?
Old 11-29-2009, 06:15 PM
Sage User

Thanks for the reply, but I actually removed all of the sage software and hauppauge software and reinstalled it and it is working great now. Sorry to post this problem but maybe some other newbie can learn from this.