SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 07-28-2005, 11:04 AM
Sage Advanced User

Stop Padding not working correctly

Hi, I'm having problems with the Stop Padding option for a few of my Favorites. I have a 5 minute Start and 5 minute Stop Padding configured for two shows. There are no other shows in the schedule hours before or after the shows (and these two air on different days, so they're not overlapping with each other).

What I'm getting is a 5 minute padding in the beginning of the show (which is expected) and only a 1 minute padding at the end. I can tell this by viewing the program and checking the time on the MPEG2 file (written at xx:01).

I did a search for the problem, but every one seems to point towards issues with back-to-back recordings. That's not what I'm dealing with here.

Ideas? Suggestions? Is this a bug? I'm running Sage 2.2.8

Kevin
Old 07-29-2005, 09:00 AM
Sage Advanced User

No ideas?? Just one other note, if I put a 1 minute stop pad - the schedule shows it and it does stop the recording 1 minute later. But anything more that 1, seems to default to 0.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm having pretty much the same problem. I do padding on all of my favorites and a few favorites over and over don't record the padding at all. Nothing recording after it, so it isn't a back to back deal where it just started recording another show. I have 4 tuners as well so it's not a conflict. Just simply doesn't record for some reason.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:32 PM
Administrator

By any chance is the property set to turn off back to back padding? Did it reschedule to avoid a conflict but forgot to keep the padding for the new schedule point?

I haven't had a problem w/padding, so I don't know too much to suggest other than to let SageTV know (tech support for v2 or bug report for v3), so they can find the problem if there is an issue in the core. Perhaps check out the v3 beta in this regard too, at some point.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-29-2005, 03:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
By any chance is the property set to turn off back to back padding? Did it reschedule to avoid a conflict but forgot to keep the padding for the new schedule point?
- Andy
I've not modified that setting (which is currently set to TRUE)