SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 09-13-2009, 08:15 AM
Sage User

Sage.PlaybackException Error

I installed SageTV Client and when trying to view any recorded video or live TV from the server I get a message saying:

There was a Playback Error in playback. Details:
sage.PlaybackException: Error(-3,0,x80004005):
There was a problem accessing the filesystem for playback.

My server is working fine and installed on a Windows XP system and the client is installed on a Laptop with Vista.

It worked a few months ago but I did not use it for a while and now I can not find the reason for the error - I tried to setup the video and audio playback rendering to default but with no change.
From my client system I can manually go to the video recordings folder on the server through windows explorer and play the files with a media player but not through Sage Client.
Any ideas?
Old 09-20-2009, 01:58 AM
Sage Advanced User

I had a similar problem (but can't recall if it was the same error number). For some reason SageTV suddenly disliked my video card (which it used to like just fine). I installed a different video card on the client, and playback succeeded immediately.

Not sure if your problem is the same.

Also, try reducing hardware acceleration on the card (using Display in control panel).

Last edited by jal; 09-20-2009 at 02:01 AM.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:03 AM
Sage Expert

For me it's been because for some reason the decoder or 3D acceleration or rendering options have been altered, maybe an upgrade overrode my orginal instructions, etc.

However, I have to admit, it's usually the H.264 HD-PVR stuff that has given me fits, not OTA ATSC or PVR MPEG 2 stuff.

Many companies such as Core, Elecard, Main Concepts and such will give you free trials of their decoders. Usually now when you install an app like PoweDVD it hides its decoders so no other app can hitch a free ride, but PowerDVD does sell a decoder pack as well.

Microsoft also make a decoder check utility that can tell you what is being used for what, at least with MPEG 2 stuff. That can help.

Just some FWIW's
Asus P5Q Premium MB, E6750, 4GB RAM, 32-bit XP Pro SP3, 3Ware 9590SE controller, 80GB 7.2K Laptop boot drive w/SuperSpeed Cache Utility & eBoostr, (1) KWorld ATSC-110, (1) 950Q USB, (1) 2250 tuner, (1) HD-PVR using USB-UIRT, (1) 1600 Dual card, (1) DVICO Fusion 5 Gold, (1) Hauppauge 1250, (1) Hauppauge 2250, 8 various storage HD's, NEC-based x1 USB add-on card, 2 outdoor antennas capturing 2 different OTA markets, Dish Network w/HD Receiver for HD-PVR.