SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 11-05-2014, 06:26 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
Did you not read what I said you still have to choose Component and SPIDIF for analog input.
Keep in mind that you need change the RelatedPinIndex in folder XBarPin1 first
Yes I did and that is what I stated. Someone afterwards said they had a new setting to choose but that is not what I saw.

In your directions you say you must change RelatedPinIndex in XbarPin0 - Not Pin1 and your screen shot also shows Pin0. I Hcwcleared and started over with the same results.
Old 11-05-2014, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwycoff View Post
Yes I did and that is what I stated. Someone afterwards said they had a new setting to choose but that is not what I saw.

In your directions you say you must change RelatedPinIndex in XbarPin0 - Not Pin1 and your screen shot also shows Pin0. I Hcwcleared and started over with the same results.
The screenshot are just example for HDMI if had all them here I end with boat load page.
At bottom of the page it states XBarPin"Number" what each input is for
As for Component input with Analog RCA just go to XBarPin1 and just edit RelatedPinIndex by change it from 6 to 5 this will make the RCA Audio Line input be the default pin, and you still need make the Video input as Component+SPDIF in SageTV.
You can also do the same with S-Video and Composite input if you wish to used the Digital SPDIF Audio Cable.

Last edited by SHS; 11-05-2014 at 07:11 PM.
Old 12-28-2014, 05:44 PM
Sage Icon

Does this work with the latest driver on the Hauppauge site:
HD PVR 2 Windows driver version 1.5.32118

Or does it require an earlier version? (what version works please)
Old 12-28-2014, 10:00 PM

Any version driver
So if you update the drivers then you have re-do the Registry mod
Old 12-29-2014, 01:17 AM
Sage Icon

Thank you for quick response.

A question about using the hdmi splitter (to remove the "issue").
When using the splitter can I still run the optical spdif cable directly from the STB to the HDPVR2 in parallel? Or does it create a problem with the video going thorough the splitter and the audio direct (sligh offset/skew in time between video and audio)?

Do I need to have a hdmi to hdmi/spdif splitter after the hdmi to hdmi splitter to avoid time skew or is this unnecessary ?
Old 12-29-2014, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflamm View Post
Thank you for quick response.

A question about using the hdmi splitter (to remove the "issue").
When using the splitter can I still run the optical spdif cable directly from the STB to the HDPVR2 in parallel? Or does it create a problem with the video going thorough the splitter and the audio direct (sligh offset/skew in time between video and audio)?

Do I need to have a hdmi to hdmi/spdif splitter after the hdmi to hdmi splitter to avoid time skew or is this unnecessary ?
To resolve the HDCP issue
As for optical spdif cable it should directly from the STB to the HD-PVR 2
No it should not create any problem.
Old 01-21-2015, 05:27 PM
Sage User

I've just recently started using the HD-PVR2 to record off a set-top box with HD300 extenders. I had everything working for a couple weeks and then for some reason the audio stopped working. The video is perfect but no sound.

I've tested with the Haupauge Recording tool and the sound is coming through loud and clear. I've re-applied the registry keys and the registy settings, rebooted multiple times and still no sound in SageTV.

I'm using Component + RCA setup and triple-checked the registry settings and they all look correct.

The only thing I'm not sure of is the DriverData/AudioInputPin needs to be set by the driver as a 6 or a 5 ? If so, how do you get the driver to set it correctly? If not, I'm running out of ideas as to what it could be and hoping that someone else has seen this before or can point out what I'm doing wrong.
Attached Images
File Type: png Sagetv_HDPV2_DriverData.PNG (19.0 KB, 220 views)
File Type: png Sagetv_HDPV2_SourceSetup.PNG (168.8 KB, 207 views)
File Type: png Sagetv_HDPV2_XBarPin0.PNG (9.6 KB, 201 views)
File Type: png Sagetv_HDPV2_XBarPin1.PNG (9.3 KB, 210 views)
Old 01-22-2015, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cron View Post
I've just recently started using the HD-PVR2 to record off a set-top box with HD300 extenders. I had everything working for a couple weeks and then for some reason the audio stopped working. The video is perfect but no sound.

I've tested with the Haupauge Recording tool and the sound is coming through loud and clear. I've re-applied the registry keys and the registy settings, rebooted multiple times and still no sound in SageTV.

I'm using Component + RCA setup and triple-checked the registry settings and they all look correct.

The only thing I'm not sure of is the DriverData/AudioInputPin needs to be set by the driver as a 6 or a 5 ? If so, how do you get the driver to set it correctly? If not, I'm running out of ideas as to what it could be and hoping that someone else has seen this before or can point out what I'm doing wrong.
If you using RCA it should be 5 not 6 cron
Old 01-22-2015, 07:33 PM
Sage User

Thanks for your quick response!

I change the registry key DriverData/XbarPin1/RelatedPinIndex to 5 (many times) and it still doesn't change the DriverData/AudioInputPin to 5. I've tried manually changing AudioInputPin but it looks like the driver keeps changing it back to 6. From my understanding XbarPin0 is for HDMI so shouldn't matter what it's set to... ?
Old 01-22-2015, 10:09 PM
Sage User

UPDATE: I was able to get all three mentioned registry keys to 5 and still no sound after multiple reboots.

Old 01-22-2015, 10:42 PM
Sage User

Further testing shows that when I run the Hauppauge Recorder Software it changes the Registry Key DataDriver/AudioInputPin to 5 - Sound works. Then when I try to capture using SageTV the DataDriver/AudioInputPin is being changed to 6 and no sound.

As I mentioned before I've checked the XbarPin0 and XbarPin1 Registry keys and they are both set to 5 and I am definately using Component + SPDIF.
Old 02-19-2016, 01:14 PM
Sage User

I've recently spent a few hours with the same experience. The Hauppauge Capture program allows you to specific optical or RCA and that alters the pin accordingly to 5 or 6 and things work. However, the moment I start a SageTV live TV, it jumps into 6 and then no sound. To me that seems like SageTV is changing it the optical somehow? Is there something on properties that can be changed to make it work?

I haven't upgraded to v9, still on v7. Anyone know if that makes a difference?
Old 02-20-2016, 03:54 PM
Sage User

Shortly after this I ended up dropping the TV Recording side of Sage TV. But I did end up getting this going with component signal and optical sound. If I remember correctly it was actually working right, just that needed to change the SageTV Settings for the capture device. Specifically, try changing and checking the Component+SPDIF setting. Once I got that setting correct it started working. My problem after that wasn't related to SageTV but the TV terminal it was connect to kept turning off (screensaver). Hopefully, that works for you but I no longer have it setup to test and look at anymore.
Old 02-17-2017, 01:04 AM
Sage Advanced User

Question

Is there ever going to be a way to get this working and still be able to use an HD300 for live TV? I finally got Fiber to my home and the picture is so clear on every channel not just the ones the cable co. or directv decide to allocate more bandwidth to. The only thing missing is some decent audio but I have extenders on a few TVs and I watch live sometimes.
Thanks
Old 02-17-2017, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianrent View Post
Is there ever going to be a way to get this working and still be able to use an HD300 for live TV? I finally got Fiber to my home and the picture is so clear on every channel not just the ones the cable co. or directv decide to allocate more bandwidth to. The only thing missing is some decent audio but I have extenders on a few TVs and I watch live sometimes.
Thanks
Nope it never going to happing sorry there nothing any one can do.
Old 02-17-2017, 11:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

well do you think this is something in the extenders causing it? Meaning if they get this hd400 project going that they are working on is there a chance it will work on that?
Old 02-17-2017, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianrent View Post
well do you think this is something in the extenders causing it? Meaning if they get this hd400 project going that they are working on is there a chance it will work on that?
That I don't know
As for HD400 that I don't know and wasn't even ware of any one work on new model and if they are it most like just android box.
Old 02-17-2017, 11:41 AM
Sage Expert

I'm still holding out hope that the audio issue can be cleared up with the updates to the Sage server software. But maybe that hope is unfounded. Has Narflex ever weighed in on this issue?
Old 02-17-2017, 11:51 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
That I don't know
As for HD400 that I don't know and wasn't even ware of any one work on new model and if they are it most like just android box.
DEMO started a thread a few months ago asking if anyone would be interested in a hypothetical HD400. There were a few positive responses, but mostly the thread was derailed by people talking about the Android mini-client.

I think his idea of as to take a cheap Android box and create custom software for it. His opinion was that it would be best to write low level code to take advantage of the hardware, rather than trying to write an app that relies on Android APIs.

I'm not sure if he is still pursuing this or not.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 02-17-2017, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Attorney View Post
I'm still holding out hope that the audio issue can be cleared up with the updates to the Sage server software. But maybe that hope is unfounded. Has Narflex ever weighed in on this issue?
I don't think Jeff can do any thing for US on that matter unless he able to some how manager to get HD300 open source be side at this point it waste of time this late in game as hardware it self is really outdate as move to next gen video format HEVC/H265/VP9 and hardware decoder and encoder