SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Phoenix
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Phoenix This forum is for discussing the user-created Phoenix custom interface for SageTV.

Old 01-26-2013, 12:54 PM
Sage Icon

movie fanart description issue

For some reason, the description for movies are not being downloaded automatically.

For instance, the movie "The Words" brings down the artwork fine but no movie description.

When I access the BMT Web interface and the 'find meta data' search it come up with the correct movie as the 1st entry:

Quote:
Results
The Words 2012 tmdb
The Hard Word 2003 tmdb
The Last Word 2008 tmdb
The Other F Word 2011 tmdb
A Few Words 2012 tmdb
However, it does not automatically choose it. Odd since the movie name is an exact match...

If I manually select the correct movie then the meta data including the description are updated correctly.

How do I get it to automatically make the selection?

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:19 AM
SageTVaholic

when you are using the interactive search/find, then it will never automatically select an entry, even if there is only one. Why? Well, if i did that, then i'd get, "When I try to find Movie X, there is only one entry, but it's wrong, and BMT automatically selects it, WHY!!!"

So, the when in interactive mode, it's completely interactive. You want to do an automatic update, then you need to force a rescan.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:53 PM
Sage Icon

Right - the interactive mode works as expected - 100% interactive.

My problem was with the automatic meta data fetch when an new movie is added... I was simply trying to demonstrate via the interactive mode that the match should have been made automatically but was not.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflamm View Post
Right - the interactive mode works as expected - 100% interactive.

My problem was with the automatic meta data fetch when an new movie is added... I was simply trying to demonstrate via the interactive mode that the match should have been made automatically but was not.
unfortunately, the bmt search results don't show the "score" for each item. Just having a single item doesn't mean that it is scored about the 90% match that is required before BMT automatically selects it. I suspect that that for these items the search result score is not in the "automatic" range.

If you want to post the filenames of the files, and I can try to see what is happening on my end. From time to time, I need to "tweak" the engine to make better choices.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:28 PM
Sage Icon

For instance, I am having a problem with:

"The Amazing Spider-Man (2012)"

As you can see - it is the exact same title in:

http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/1930...ing-spider-man

Oddly, when I search for the tile in "themoviedb.org" it is not found either??!!

Isnt this the recommended naming scheme?
Old 01-28-2013, 03:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflamm View Post
For instance, I am having a problem with:

"The Amazing Spider-Man (2012)"

As you can see - it is the exact same title in:

http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/1930...ing-spider-man

Oddly, when I search for the tile in "themoviedb.org" it is not found either??!!

Isnt this the recommended naming scheme?
Is that the real filename or is that the title.

I have the file, "The Amazing Spider-Man (2012).mkv", it picked it up just fine.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:03 PM
SageTVaholic

The other thing is that I always rename my files using the Phoenix Renamer tool before I bring it in. If the renamer works, then I know the file will be scraped correctly, when I import it.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:36 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Is that the real filename or is that the title.

I have the file, "The Amazing Spider-Man (2012).mkv", it picked it up just fine.
That is the real file name - as found at themoviedb.org.

My file structure is:

The Amazing Spider-Man (2012)
The Amazing Spider-Man (2012).M2TS

[ a directory containing the .m2ts ]

This was not picked up at all by phoenix. When I changed it to "The Amazing Spider-Man 2012" it was picked up fine by phoenix.

Oddly enough, when searching themoviedb.org neither title brings me immediately to the movie description - I still need to choose it from a list (of one)

Quote:
The other thing is that I always rename my files using the Phoenix Renamer tool before I bring it in. If the renamer works, then I know the file will be scraped correctly, when I import it.
To be honest the BMT Web UI is quite good - so it might be easiest to not guess the name too precisely but just go into the web UI and manually choose for those where the automatic failed
Old 01-28-2013, 04:51 PM
SageTVaholic

The Date in the title should be fine and the preferred notation is putting the year in brackets. When searching, I don't send the year, just the title, and then I use the year to compare against the year in the results to find the best match including the year. TheMovieDB doesn't like it if you pass the year in the search field.