SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 07-11-2011, 01:21 PM
Sage Icon

How to change ShowID from MV to something that will be TV?

Scanned in some shows. Worked great on many, but some are messed up.

Genre = Movie/whatever
ShowID starts with MV which I know is for Movies.

Trying to figure out how to track down the cause/fix for this.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by graywolf View Post
Scanned in some shows. Worked great on many, but some are messed up.

Genre = Movie/whatever
ShowID starts with MV which I know is for Movies.

Trying to figure out how to track down the cause/fix for this.
So, are you saying that BMT changed the ShowID to MV??

You can change the ShowID to EP####### using the web ui, but if if BMT imported the show and it did have a showid of MV### then bmt would have treated that as a movie. But, unless bmt found a good hit on that movie, then it would not actually update any metadata fields.
Old 07-11-2011, 04:46 PM
Sage Icon

ok...restarted from scratch. V7.1.7, lowered criteria from .9 to .8
tweaked a couple other stuff (remove relative path, un-import, remove .properties, mass Fetch Metadata with Import Recordings.

Seemed to work this time.

Now to write it down, repeat multiple times running from scratch to make sure I have the process down in prep of doing Prod box.

PS. yes, it was MVmt....
Old 07-11-2011, 08:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by graywolf View Post
ok...restarted from scratch. V7.1.7, lowered criteria from .9 to .8
tweaked a couple other stuff (remove relative path, un-import, remove .properties, mass Fetch Metadata with Import Recordings.

Seemed to work this time.

Now to write it down, repeat multiple times running from scratch to make sure I have the process down in prep of doing Prod box.

PS. yes, it was MVmt....
The only way bmt would use the MVmt prefix is if you check the Sage Recording option for a movie. Even if Import TV as Recording was checked, I don't think BMT would use the MV prefix for a movie. MV is used only when you request a movie to be imported into the recordings (something I never do).
Old 10-02-2011, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
The only way bmt would use the MVmt prefix is if you check the Sage Recording option for a movie. Even if Import TV as Recording was checked, I don't think BMT would use the MV prefix for a movie. MV is used only when you request a movie to be imported into the recordings (something I never do).
I'm having a similar problem with several TV shows recorded on my STV.

Downton Abbey and Smallville are currently causing me grief, but I've had it with other TV series too (Luther springs to mind). Each episode will record but not show up at all in my recordings (either current or archived). Each episode is listed in my movies folder, complete with artwork in the case of Downton Abbey. An example external ID would be "MVmtede73a0", this starts with MVmt which I understand indicates a movie, but where is this ID coming from?

If I try and change the Metadata in BMT it will still revert to a Movie when I save. Is there anything I can do to force these recordings to show up as recordings and not movies?

I'd appreciate any help that can be offered here as it's polluting my movies folder with many TV shows.

Thanks,

Mark.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacOCD View Post
I'm having a similar problem with several TV shows recorded on my STV.

Downton Abbey and Smallville are currently causing me grief, but I've had it with other TV series too (Luther springs to mind). Each episode will record but not show up at all in my recordings (either current or archived). Each episode is listed in my movies folder, complete with artwork in the case of Downton Abbey. An example external ID would be "MVmtede73a0", this starts with MVmt which I understand indicates a movie, but where is this ID coming from?

If I try and change the Metadata in BMT it will still revert to a Movie when I save. Is there anything I can do to force these recordings to show up as recordings and not movies?

I'd appreciate any help that can be offered here as it's polluting my movies folder with many TV shows.

Thanks,

Mark.
If it reverts to a movie when you save, then it means the wiz.bin is most likely NOT allowing the change. I've only ever seen this once, and I had to physically remove my files and re-add them for it to work again.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
If it reverts to a movie when you save, then it means the wiz.bin is most likely NOT allowing the change. I've only ever seen this once, and I had to physically remove my files and re-add them for it to work again.
This may be the problem I am having which I started a new thread on. When you say you physically removed them, do you mean you cut and pasted them somewhere sage can't see them, then put them back? Should I exit sage prior to moving them and putting them back?
Old 10-04-2012, 10:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

I've had the same problem with BMT not saving changes I've made to the metadata. What I do is go to the individual recording in the menu, click on it and in the resulting options menu I click Manage Metadata and change what I want - it always seems to save from there.

Not great for vast numbers of items but good for just a few.