SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV HD Theater - Media Player
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV HD Theater - Media Player Discussion related to using the SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player, i.e.: in use while not connected to a SageTV server. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to using a SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player should be posted here. Use the SageTV Media Extender forum for issues related to using it while connected to a SageTV server.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:23 AM
Sage User

Refresh Imported Media

Hello,
I am going to take a shot at this in hopes someone will read it. I recently added 250gb of audio files to my WHS music folder. I then selected "Refresh Imported Media" to add the new files. The normal icon appeared and I thought all was well. A little later the icon had a Red Exclamation Mark in it. I again selected refresh imported media. A new icon appeared for a while then disappeared only to leave the one with the red exclamation mark in it. Upon viewing the audio folder I saw that some had been added but not all. I know 250gb is a lot, but I can find no information as to limitation of the SageTV import, or what the red exclamatlion mark means. Can anyone help me out. I have searced for an answer to this for a week now and can not find anything.
Thanks
Mike
Old 06-13-2011, 09:44 AM
Sage Icon

Go into the system messages section of the Sage UI and see waht the exclamation is and the message that is attached to it.

also from BMT you can view the system messages right ont he homepage, or from web ui or mobile web ui for that matter. They all have the ability to view Sage error messages.

see what that message is and post it back please.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:14 AM
Sage User

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. I am at work now so will have to wait until I get home to look at this. I hope I can find what you are saying, seems I went through every concievable menu option before I actually posted. I have been trying to work through this ordeal all week. I am not sure if I actually got to the system messages? Also not sure what BMT is. I am using WHS on an Acer Easy Store server, wireless to the HD200 which is connected to TV. The menu is the one on my TV screen. Also tried to do the refresh hardwired just to eliminate any wireless issues, no luck. It did import 16002 of the 30000 audio files. It also set up the years for music 1951-2000.
Thanks again
Old 06-13-2011, 10:25 AM
Sage Icon

What STV are you using? Standard STV (the stock ui) or are you using Diamond or what?

it should be located in Setup -> System MEssages on both the Stock UI and Diamond.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:51 AM
Sage User

Everything is stock, SageTV HD200, all sage software. Latest firmware updated no problems. Really only 4 components; HD200, Server, TV, Wireless Network. No issues at all with media refresh until I added the big amount of audio to the music folder.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:07 PM
Sage Icon

Ok, well when you get home check it out and report back.. feel free to pm me if i am delayed in my response to this thread.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:07 PM
SageTVaholic

250gb is quite a bit, but I easily have 3 times that so it isn't the amount of files. Let us know what the system message says.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:59 PM
Sage User

I have a couple more hours here at work then home to start working on it. I did leave it powered up today in hopes that things would sort out, we will see.
The wireless activity light was blinking like mad on the HD200 and my server was also spinning the hard drives; since they were the only things on something should be happening?
Old 06-13-2011, 02:35 PM
Sage Icon

Are you trying to access the music folder from the standalone hd300 ui or are you trying to access music through the hd300 which is connected to sageTV and acting as an extender? Reason I ask is if you are trying to run in standalone mode on the hd300 you coul dbe filling up the local system memory of the hd300 vs. leveraging the sage server...

doesn't seem like that is what is going on from your previous post, but well i guess well just wait and see.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:13 PM
Sage User

Ok, I am home now and here is the latest:
As I said I left the server and HD200 on all day, uptime 10 hours and 9 minutes.
Also left media refresh going. No change in file number still at 16002 like it was this morning.

On my TV screen Sage HD200 Main Menu, went to Settings, --> System Information
Several items listed but nothing specific as to what the red exclamation mark is for.
It did say (updating 2 items) not indicating what or where they are.
Also scrolling down it says "Used Library Diskspace: Calculating..." and
Total Library Content: Calculating..." but it never gets past the calculating.
Not sure if I understand your comment on how I am trying to access the music. I have one HD200 connected to a Panasonic TV via HDMI. The HD200 is wireless connected to my homeserver. I have about 500 DVD's which is 2.5TB and they are displayed on the menu screen just fine.
Movies, Photos, Music all mapped to the HD200 it just seems to start the process of refreshing media then dies, with the RED ! I am in Oregon PST so may be late where you guys are at.
Thanks again for any help.
This is driving me up the wall.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:00 PM
Sage Icon

U should see a red exclamation point if you scroll through the list of system messages... Can u send a screenshot perhaps?

Edit: just noticed u said u went go system information. Go to setup -> system messages just below it.

Last edited by PiX64; 06-13-2011 at 06:17 PM.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:32 PM
Administrator

There is a PDF manual installed with SageTV which covers what all the menu header icons mean. I suggest reading at least the SageTV Quick Start Guide section of chapter 2 and Chapter 3's Using the SageTV Menu Interface and Global Menu Features sections.

You can also view the icons from within SageTV, go to Setup -> Help -> View Menu Header Information.

The red exclamation indicates a recording schedule conflict. A red circle with an 'i' in it indicates an Error system message.

If not all the files are imported, then either they are a format that isn't supported or SageTV is having a problem reading some of them. You should state what format the files are and/or the debug log may provide info regarding what is happening with the files during a scan.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:14 AM
Sage User

First let me say thank you all very much for taking the time to try and help me out. Second, I am sure you have realized by now that I am not an advanced Sage user. When I bought the HD200 a year ago my intent was to set it up to wirelessly stream my dvd's from my home server to the TV. Once I got this set up and working I didn't have much need to mess with it. I know it has a multiple of other features but I did not need to use them so I was content to have things working like I wanted. It wasn't until I put the music files on that I began getting the Red Exclamation Mark inside of the Refresh Media Icon. (by the way I have looked at the manual and I see the Refresh Media Icon, but nowhere can I find the Red Exclamation Mark inside of the Refresh Media Icon. This morning I took a different approach; I have been viewing my on screen menu on the TV. I took a look at the menu on my computer and did find system messages. None of which pertained to the refresh media subject. Three seperate screens I am viewing; one is the TV, then my pc, then my server. I have cleared all messages from the server, and pc, but do not have this option on the menu displayed on the TV. And the Red ! is still their inside of the Refresh Icon?? It seems I can't get the HD200 unit to display current message info from either the PC or Server. I did not want to do a complete reset yet but it may be an option? I find it off that I would have a recording conflict when in fact I have never set up a recording.
My objective is to find out why the Red Exclamation Mark continues to show up in the Refresh Media Icon, and fix whatever is causing it. The refresh process starts goes for awhile then stops without completing. When looking at the TV screen with HD200 menu the Red Exclamation Mark is there. When looking at the TV screen with Server connected Menu the mark is not there. When looking at my PC Sage menu the mark is not there.?? Again thanks, sorry if it long winded, somtimes hard to get the technical details right in a post.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:36 AM
Administrator

I've now moved this to the Media Player subforum. The reason no one has been able to figure what you are describing is because it was posted in the SageTV Software forum, but you are using the HD200 on its own w/o connecting to a SageTV server on a PC. (When connected to a server, issues belong in the Media Extender subforum, by the way.) Please choose the appropriate forum as that helps tell people how you are using the device.

The import + exclamation icon indicates that the HD200's internal memory is full, so it can't import any more files -- it imported as many as it could & that's it.

When connected to a SageTV server, it doesn't have that memory limitation, so the server would be able to import them all & you could access them all from the extender.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:43 AM
Sage Icon

That's what i suspected.

Thanks Andy!
Old 06-14-2011, 09:49 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
That's what i suspected.

Thanks Andy!
Ah, yes, now I see that you asked that question above.

- Andy
Old 06-14-2011, 09:59 AM
Sage Icon

You'll find that the majority, probably almost everyone, here uses SageTV server software. FYI, there are 2 modes that your HD200 will run in: stand-alone and extender. As stated previously the majority of users here are using SageTV with an extender (HDxxx) in extender mode. It helps to use the correct terminology when describing your problems.

BTW, you're missing out on a much better UI experience by using your HD200 in stand-alone mode. The functionality is vastly different between the two modes.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:03 AM
Sage User

Thanks to all; Memory Full, that explains it and that is what I was trying to find. Sorry for the wrong forum, not knowing what my issue was I went with what I thought.

Tags
audio imported media, red exclamation mark, refresh imported media