SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 05-15-2011, 05:58 AM

Error connecting to the SageTV Server

I have been using Sage for the last 5 or 6 weeks with no problems and last night while watching TV (not making any configuration changes) channels 1005 through 1101 disappeared from my program guide. I checked the channel setup to ensure that the channels were still enabled (they were) and that they had not been mapped to another channel (they had not).

I then tried to reconfigure the program guide through the source setup and when trying to download the EPG for the zipcode 45005 I got this error (that I have not seen before):

"Error connecting to the SageTV Serve. Please be sure your internet connection is established and that you have entered the correct zip/postal code."

My internet connection is fine (as I am writing this), and my firewall is not blocking any ports that sage would be using (I even turned off the firewall to make sure and the problem still persists).

Does anyone know what a possible problem/solution to this problem might be? I could use some help.

Thanks!!
Old 05-15-2011, 06:37 AM
Sage Icon

Did you try to remove the tuner and add the tuner? This would require setting up your channel line up again.

If you had an image, you could try recovering to the image. If the channels are back after the recovery, then you would know it was a software problem, and it would be a lot easier and quicker than deleting and adding the tuner.

Dave
Old 05-15-2011, 08:58 AM
Sage Icon

It sounds like it could be a temporary issue with the Sage server. Is this just a 1 time event so far? Have been seeing this issue for several hours or several days? You probably should go directly to the zap2it site and see if the channels are still in their listings. Are you sure nothing changed? Have you looked at the EPG looking for the channel names with different channel numbers?
Server : Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz Processor: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Motherboard: 6 GB Memory : 1 120 GB Intel SSD :3 2 TB WD hard drives:1 Hauppauge PVR 2250: 3 HDHomeRuns:1 HD300 extender;1 HD200 extender;1 HD100 extender 2 MVP Media Extenders: Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium all updates applied, SageTV V7.1.7.254.
Old 05-15-2011, 09:48 AM
Sage Expert

I can confirm that I also have problems connecting the EPG server. Last night I found my network encoder was no longer working so tried to remove the source and re-add it. I can't add it back in because I can't get SageTV to list the lineups from the EPG server. Oddly, it seems as though the existing lineups for my HDHR and HDPVR sources are still being updated with new EPG data

Server Hardware: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R, Intel Q9550 CPU 2.83GHz, 11GB RAM, 1xHDHR, 1xHVR1600, 1xHVR2250
29TB Server Storage: 1TB SSD (OS), 1TB (data), 2x6TB+2x10TB (22TB FlexRaid storage pool), 2x2TB (recordings), 1x750GB (VMs).
Server Software: Win10 Pro x64 OS, SageTV 64bit v9.2.0.441, Java 1.8 u241, PlayOn, Comskip (Donator) v0.82.003, WampServer v2.5.
Clients: 3xHD300s, 2xHD100, 2xPlaceshifters
Old 05-15-2011, 12:14 PM
Sage Icon

Same thing here, but it's been down since sometime yesterday afternoon. Bad time for me to have to re-install my system...

It's not showing there's no internet connection now, just sitting forever waiting on the channel list to download.

I think we're coming up on 24hrs downtime (could be wrong, I've been working on this damn server all weekend, so not exactly sure what time it stopped responding for me), but it's going to be a more extended downtime, perhaps one of the powers that be should give us an update as to an ETA of a fix...

Last edited by heffe2001; 05-15-2011 at 12:20 PM.
Old 05-15-2011, 02:33 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by heffe2001 View Post
Same thing here, but it's been down since sometime yesterday afternoon. Bad time for me to have to re-install my system...

It's not showing there's no internet connection now, just sitting forever waiting on the channel list to download.

I think we're coming up on 24hrs downtime (could be wrong, I've been working on this damn server all weekend, so not exactly sure what time it stopped responding for me), but it's going to be a more extended downtime, perhaps one of the powers that be should give us an update as to an ETA of a fix...
It looks like you are using WHS for the SageTV computer and also have an UnRAID system. Since you can't recover WHS without a painful scratch build, maybe you should move to Windows 7 and move any extra drives from the WHS to the unRAID system. If the SageTV was Windows 7, you'd be less than 30 minutes from a working system.

Dave
Old 05-15-2011, 04:40 PM

Okay, it looks like it was an issue with the sageTV server because I tried to configure the channels through the source setup again and it was able to download the EPG lineup after sitting there "thinking" for quite some time.

Everything looks to be okay now, however a lot of the standard def channels are wrong. I was able to remap however.

Last edited by remillac; 05-15-2011 at 04:44 PM.