SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 10-01-2009, 09:59 AM

Error Connecting

I just restarted my SageTV after having it idle for about two months. (It was working fine as of the start of August.)

Now I can't get EPG info to download, and after reading the FAQ on EPG problems, I tried what it said, then deleted the source and started over. But every time I get to the screen where it asks for "the type of Program Guide Data Provider to use," and when I select "Cable or Satellite," then enter my zip code (which I previously used) I get the message:

There was an error connecting to the SageTV Server.
Please be sure your Internet connection is established
and that you have enterted the correct Zip/Postal Code.

I tried different Zip Codes in the Chicago area.

My Internet works fine.

My firewall allows for SageTV as an exception, but I temporarily disabled the firewall just to be sure and had the same problem.

Any ideas?
Old 10-01-2009, 12:11 PM
Administrator

What version of SageTV and what zip code?

I didn't have a problem just now when I tried reconfiguring an EPG provider, so see this FAQ and double check any firewall(s) you might have. Maybe it wasn't completely disabled.
What ports do I need to open in my firewall for SageTV?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:51 PM

SageTV V6.5.9.204

60656 (Also tried 60641 and 60601)

The only firewall on the system is the standard Windows XP firewall, so it's easy to disable. I just tried it again and still can't move beyond that error.

Nothing on the PC has changed since it had been working. I just had it unplugged for a couple of months. At least I now know it appears to be something local and not server related...
Old 10-01-2009, 01:17 PM
Administrator

I tried the 60656 zip code & that worked fine for me. Maybe your router has a firewall blocking it?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:35 PM

Hmm. I'm thinking router problem as well, but there is no blocking set there, and it's the same router that was working before.

Still, now uPNP, while enabled on the router, isn't working from ANY of my PC's into the router. I'm thinking the router is buggy. I've reset it to factory defaults, but it's still not working right. I'm going to replace it.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:42 PM

A shiny new router did the trick. Thanks for the help!