SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 04-22-2011, 09:59 AM
Sage Aficionado

Colossus SPDIF Audio Sync Issues?

After a couple months of meticulous system rebuilding and testing, I finally have my colossus up enough to put into put into every day service. One of the first problems I noticed after a couple days uptime is an intermittent audio sync issue.

Symptoms:
Problem is intermittent (probably occurs 10-25% of the time). What happens is the sound leads the video by about 1 second. When there is a problem, it starts immediately and holds through the entire recording (it does not slowly drift). Sometimes I can stop the recording and restart it and it will resolve, sometimes not. When not, it appears a power cycle is necessary (either power off or S3 sleep) to get it back to normal (need to investigate further). The problem happens with both live and recorded TV, so I do have recordings that demonstrate this issue (this is not a playback problem, definitely something at the source).

I know with the HDPVR there were similar issues as evidenced by release notes in some of the driver releases. These notes specifically, I believe, referenced sync issues with FiOS and Dish. Coincidentally, I have FiOS. Is this the same problem?

System Details:
Win7 32 bit
Firewire tuning
FiOS Motorola QIP6200-2
Colossus over Component and TosLink audio
Latest SageTV Beta (7.1.5 I think?)
Latest Colossus driver from Hauppage's site (not the one on the CD)
Microsoft DTV audio and video codecs
EVR renderer

EDIT: Never mind for now, I see new Colossus drivers have been released (late last night?). I'll try those and see if the problem persists...

Last edited by texneus; 04-22-2011 at 11:02 AM.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:05 AM
Sage User

Did the new drivers fix your problem?
Old 05-29-2011, 10:03 AM
Sage Aficionado

It seems to have resolved the issue described (out of sync immediately), but unknown to me at the time I wrote this there is a second problem that causes the audio to drift when using SPDIF which may be mixed into the symptoms I reported. That problem HAS NOT been resolved. A number of other people reported the same issue in the main Colossus thread.