SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 09-08-2009, 07:50 PM
Sage User

HD PVR Audio Sync Issues Only In SageTV

I've seen a few threads about the "audio walk" problem that HD PVRs seem to cause, but I haven't seen anyone describe it quite like I'm seeing it.

I set all of the audio/video settings to default, and mpeg4 to use directshow, which in my opinion should use the same filter graph as Windows Media Player.

When I play a recorded .ts from the HD PVR, the audio sync begins to drag its ass along the carpet, and after about 5 minutes of playback, the sync is so bad it's unwatchable. If I rewind or fast forward, when it picks back up, the sync is fine, so it's not the sync of the file itself.

If I play the file back in Windows Media Player, the sync is perfect, all the way through.

I'm using CoreAVC and Haali Media Splitter.

After toggling system tray icons to 'on' in CoreAVC and AC3Filter, it seems as if the only difference is that Haali Media Splitter is not being used by SageTV.

Anyone experienced this, and fixed it?

Edit: Seems as if the files the HD PVR craps out are extremely taxing for some reason. If I play one of them, in any application we're looking at least 70% CPU utilization, and it's set to 720p...I could only imagine if it were 1080i. Thing is, if I play an mkv with h.264 content, even at 1080i, we're maxing out at 25% CPU utilization. The audio seems to lag when the CPU usage is extremely high, apparently from some kind of disconnect between the audio codec and the video codec.

Even though my video card doesn't have any hardware h.264 acceleration that I know of (Intel G965) if I switch from Overlay to VMR9 my CPU usage goes down to ~50%, which is okay by me.

Last edited by derpderpy; 09-08-2009 at 10:29 PM.