SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-02-2004, 11:58 AM

Creative DVCR Audio Sync Issues with Sage Tv 1.4

When I record using Creative DVCR card/Sage tv 1.4 the sound is out of sync (sometimes). Why? Are there settings I should adjust? I do not want to purchase a new card. (Sometimes) the video is also choppy. WHy? Solutions?
Old 02-03-2004, 03:47 AM
Sage User

I'll share the little I know.....
I use a DVCR along with some 250s. The DVCR usually has a delay of about 250ms for me. You can adjust the audio sync by choosing Setup--> Detailed Setup. Then click on the Audio tab. At the bottom of that window will be a box labelled "Audio Playback Delay (msec). Try adjusting in increments until you can match your audio to your video. Note that you can use negative numbers is your video is delayed beyond the audio.

Remember to hit the "apply" button before closing out of the setup screen, but you don't have to shut down Sage.

If your audio is really off (like more than 3000msec) then look to other things like your hard drive setup as well (UDMA).

Good luck!
Old 02-03-2004, 07:19 AM
Sage Advanced User

Re: Creative DVCR Audio Sync Issues with Sage Tv 1.4

Quote:
Originally posted by hatchstorm
When I record using Creative DVCR card/Sage tv 1.4 the sound is out of sync (sometimes). Why? Are there settings I should adjust? I do not want to purchase a new card. (Sometimes) the video is also choppy. WHy? Solutions?
I used to use the DVCR and had the same problems you are having. It is a known problem with the card and I don't know if there is any solution. For the choppy video, try reformatting your drive with 64k clusters (the directions are on this board, so you can search for it). That helps tremendously with the video, but doesn't do anything about the audio. I eventually gave up, bought a PVR-250, yanked out the DVCR and never looked back.
Old 02-03-2004, 07:25 AM

Same here. Started with a DVCR but got tired of the audio sync issues. Now I have 3 250's and never have the issue.

If you can keep your CPU usage really low and don't do anything on that PC while Sage is recording you may have better luck.