SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 04-17-2011, 05:30 PM
Sage User

Pheonix fanart file location

Hi guys, I am not a programmer and get lost with some of your threads. I downloaded the new 7.x.x beta of Sagetv and lost all of my fanart. I have the files created by pheonix and put them into userdata\pheonix\fanart. When I go into setup it will not let me point to this folder for the fanart. I have tried everything including deleting SageTV and reloading and reloading all of the plugins I used.
I am totally lost and in need of help.
Tony
System:AMD Phenoom II Dual core 3.2 Ghz, 2x2GB Ripjaw 1600 RAM, Win 7, ATI Radeon HD 4670, Hauppage 1212, Sage TV 7.xx, 90GB SSD for OS and Progams and 2x2TB SATA mirrored for data. Pioneer Elite Tuner/AMP, Samsung 65" LCD 120 HZ.
Old 04-17-2011, 05:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyT View Post
Hi guys, I am not a programmer and get lost with some of your threads. I downloaded the new 7.x.x beta of Sagetv and lost all of my fanart. I have the files created by pheonix and put them into userdata\pheonix\fanart. When I go into setup it will not let me point to this folder for the fanart. I have tried everything including deleting SageTV and reloading and reloading all of the plugins I used.
I am totally lost and in need of help.
Tony
Which "setup" are you using? The web ui? The Phoenix Core Plugin setup? If you use the web ui, you should be able to just copy and paste the complete path into the field (or use the file browser) and click save.
Old 04-17-2011, 08:05 PM
Sage User

I'm using the SageTV core plugin setup. When I go into setup, detailed setup, customize, central pheonix fanart folder I browse to the folder and it keeps shortening the path to c:\program files (x86)\sagetv\sagetv. I have tried adding the folder manually and I get the response that the folder does not exist, do I want to create a new folder. Getting frustrated with this.
System:AMD Phenoom II Dual core 3.2 Ghz, 2x2GB Ripjaw 1600 RAM, Win 7, ATI Radeon HD 4670, Hauppage 1212, Sage TV 7.xx, 90GB SSD for OS and Progams and 2x2TB SATA mirrored for data. Pioneer Elite Tuner/AMP, Samsung 65" LCD 120 HZ.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I'm using the SageTV core plugin setup. When I go into setup, detailed setup, customize, central pheonix fanart folder I browse to the folder and it keeps shortening the path to c:\program files (x86)\sagetv\sagetv. I have tried adding the folder manually and I get the response that the folder does not exist, do I want to create a new folder. Getting frustrated with this.
I'd try setting the fanart folder using the web ui.... although I've set the folder using both methods in the past. Tonight I'll try the STV route and see what happens. Not sure if it's an issue with spaces in the path, etc.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:40 AM
Sage User

Thanks, I don't know how to use the web UI have only tried some of the different UI's in the SageTV customizations, Diamond etc. I tried moving the Pheonix folder somewhere else and it still didn't work. Could it be a bug in the new SageTV Beta? It was working before I downloaded that.
Let me know what you find, If you could point me to the web UI and how to do that I can give it a try.
I appreciate your help
Tony
Old 04-18-2011, 09:09 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks, I don't know how to use the web UI have only tried some of the different UI's in the SageTV customizations, Diamond etc. I tried moving the Pheonix folder somewhere else and it still didn't work. Could it be a bug in the new SageTV Beta? It was working before I downloaded that.
Let me know what you find, If you could point me to the web UI and how to do that I can give it a try.
I appreciate your help
Tony
I'm using all the latest betas, etc, so I know that it all works well with the betas.

I'll try the plugin configuration tonight to see if the fanart folder can be set that way or not.

Either way, if you use using Phoenix Fanart, then you need to have BMT installed and you need to understand how to use it, etc. There is user guide for BMT so I'd recommend that you start there. RIght now I can't tell if you have bmt installed, or if this is a diamond issue, phoenix issue, etc.
Old 04-18-2011, 12:06 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I'm using all the latest betas, etc, so I know that it all works well with the betas.

I'll try the plugin configuration tonight to see if the fanart folder can be set that way or not.

Either way, if you use using Phoenix Fanart, then you need to have BMT installed and you need to understand how to use it, etc. There is user guide for BMT so I'd recommend that you start there. RIght now I can't tell if you have bmt installed, or if this is a diamond issue, phoenix issue, etc.
OK, I do not have BMT installed, didn't see that as a prerequisit. Will install it tonight. I just printed out the user manual and will spend some time trying to figure out what I am doing wrong. I am guessing it is a problem between the chair and the keyboard. Thanks
Old 04-18-2011, 12:10 PM
SageTVaholic

I'd be happy to help you with BMT related stuff (since that is my project) just post it in the BMT forum so that I don't miss it
Old 04-18-2011, 02:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I'd be happy to help you with BMT related stuff (since that is my project) just post it in the BMT forum so that I don't miss it
I just wanted to say finally a Dog Get them cats!!
Old 04-18-2011, 02:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
I just wanted to say finally a Dog Get them cats!!
Yeah... the cat's not too happy right now... but he'll come around... who doesn't love puppies Since you hijacked the thread ... her name is Bailey and she's 11 weeks old (a Goldendoodle).
Old 04-18-2011, 02:28 PM
Sage Icon

Thats pretty rude Plucky! i have had my two adorable thats right ADORABLE english bulldogs as my avatart for a long time!

*Hmph*

:-D
Old 04-18-2011, 02:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
Thats pretty rude Plucky! i have had my two adorable thats right ADORABLE english bulldogs as my avatart for a long time!

*Hmph*

:-D
I did forget yours probably because I try and ignore. I had a great english bulldog once and we had to get rid of him so memories is all I have

Congrats on the dog Stuckless get rid of the cat you will never look back.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:48 PM
Sage User

Dogs

You guys want to talk about animals so I put my big boy on my Avatar. Thanks for being Sage fanatics because you really help dumb asses like me.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
You guys want to talk about animals so I put my big boy on my Avatar. Thanks for being Sage fanatics because you really help dumb asses like me.
It is much easier than it used to be. You should have been here before v7 and the plugin system.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:09 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
get rid of the cat you will never look back.
here here
Check out TVExplorer

Tags
fanart, file, location, phoenix