SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 10-11-2010, 08:35 AM
Sage Fanatic

New HD300 and fanart location?

Hey Guys,

I just got an HD300 and this is my first extender so I'm a bit new to this area... normally just use Sage via the server and my HTPC.

Anyway, I plugged in my HD300 and everything came up pretty much like my HTPC except the theme and I changed that. However, I'm having some issues with Sage MyMovies. It comes up, I can go into it and even play my online movies no problem so it is functional but I'm just not getting any of the DVD covers or fanart graphics.

I read the walkthrough and the wiki and it seems like I'm supposed to have the option to install a client version but I don't see this option? This was made back in July so it may have changed. The problem, I'm pretty sure, is that on my HD300 when I look at the information, it indicates that the fanart is local to current instance and is located on c:\Documents and Settings\All users\Application Data\My Movies\FileStorage which is where it is on my HTPC server. In the walkthrough there are screen shots which make me believe that on my HD300 I should be seeing the network location to my server. I've gone into the plugin menu on both the HD300 and server and don't see under either the "General" or "UI Mod" any options to install the client version?

I'm sure I'm missing something easy here and it is likely related to my lack of knowledge with extenders
Old 10-11-2010, 10:14 AM
SageTVaholic

That fanart location is correct for an extender connected to a server that the mymovies collection manager runs on as a server. (Remember extenders run locally at the server in the JVM of the server)

As to why you are not getting fanart no idea without some logs. They need to be trace logs as well. please see the wiki.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:18 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
That fanart location is correct for an extender connected to a server that the mymovies collection manager runs on as a server. (Remember extenders run locally at the server in the JVM of the server)

As to why you are not getting fanart no idea without some logs. They need to be trace logs as well. please see the wiki.
I just sent you some logs for a different issue so this should be included in those logs too. LOL!

Thanks, Plucky, and sorry for being such a pain

Also, is the "walkthrough" posted in the stickies above outdated? Meaning, if you no longer have to install server and client versions of Sage MyMovies the walktrough is a bit confusing because it leads you to believe that it is required (but sounds like this has changed?).

Thanks!
Old 10-11-2010, 10:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent94Z View Post
I just sent you some logs for a different issue so this should be included in those logs too. LOL!

Thanks, Plucky, and sorry for being such a pain

Also, is the "walkthrough" posted in the stickies above outdated? Meaning, if you no longer have to install server and client versions of Sage MyMovies the walktrough is a bit confusing because it leads you to believe that it is required (but sounds like this has changed?).

Thanks!
Extnder is not considered a client as it operates in the servers jvm. A client is a client pc I will clarify that in the wiki.

The error in your logs is the reason you don't have fanart the calls are not making it that far.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:52 AM
Sage Fanatic

Gotcha! Thanks, Plucky! And, I do apologize for my lack of knowledge/ignorance about some of the terminology. I work in a field where only a small percentage of people even begin to understand what I'm talking about so I know it can be frustrating dealing with people like me who don't fully understand all the lingo, acronyms, and so forth. LOL!
Old 10-11-2010, 12:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent94Z View Post
Gotcha! Thanks, Plucky! And, I do apologize for my lack of knowledge/ignorance about some of the terminology. I work in a field where only a small percentage of people even begin to understand what I'm talking about so I know it can be frustrating dealing with people like me who don't fully understand all the lingo, acronyms, and so forth. LOL!
More frustrated with myself right now I rushed this build a bit I feel like and that was my fault, but we will get there.