SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 01-15-2011, 02:45 PM
Sage Icon

Plugin: TVExplorer for Sage7

Discussion/Support Thread | Issue Tracker

It's finally here . I've just uploaded an updated TVE to the repository (no plugindev.xml files need anymore). Thanks to Tmiranda for initially porting TVE from SageMC to Sage6 and then doing the initial port to Sage7. This is an interim release until v2 is released. Only major bugs will be fixed in v1.

Previous Versions and Discussions:

TVExplorer for SageMC
TVExplorer for the Default UI

Current Version: 1.01.05.03 2/21/2011

What it is

TVExplorer is a replacement screen for the My TV screen. It duplicates most/all of the functionality on the My TV screens. It is similar to Windows Explorer and/or the Malore Menus.

• Very customizable to get the exact look/feel the user is after
  • Fully supports fanart/posters/banners.
  • Multiple different grouping/sorting/filtering settings.
  • Displays imported TV (videos that are TV but are not part of the Sage recording DB) alongside recorded TV. (It is possible to limit the scope of the imported TV search to certain directories using pathfilterexpressions or a property item. I recommend doing this with large dvd/bd collections)
  • Leverages metadata collected by BMT or mediascraper to determine if a particular video is TV and also displays season/episode information
  • Filters groups by Record Year, Original Airing Year, or Season/Episode.

Installation Instructions
Install via the Plugin System. Navigate to Setup -> SageTV Plugins -> All available Plugins -> UI Mod -> TVExplorer.

Version History
1.05.05 12/19/2012
-Fix bug introduced by phoenix changing cached images from png to jpq (banners and posters not showing)
-#38 - Enhancement - Allow "movie" group seperate sorting option

1.05.04 2/25/2011
-Fix bug introduced by the attempts to fix Issue #27 that prevented the tve options from being navigated with a remote

1.05.03 2/21/2011
-#8 - Enhancement - Add % watched overlay
-#33 - Defect - Fix scroll bar display issues - Group and Episode scroll bars are not same width
-#34 - Enhancement - Add option to set the width of the Filter Select Panel
-#35 - Defect - Add separate configurable delay to display the episode list when browsing groups
-#36 - Defect - TVE "Allows" you to play future recordings

1.04.01 1/29.2011
-#26 - See if there is a way to make displaying the footer an option (or make it smaller)
-#28 - Play list options plays first episode in list and not selected.
-#29 - Misc fixes related to panel widths, padding, etc to work better with the default header and footers
-#30 - make left selection panel width adjustable
-#31 - allow floating point numbers for options that can use them
-update ortustve.api to 0.5.06.365 (fix parse errors in ortustve.api.search())

1.03.01 1/22/2011
-#4 - Episode Filter Displays Lexically
-#9 - Title Length does not seem to make a difference
-#20 - Episode title is not displayed for imported media (bmt 4.1 and later)
-#21 - Filters do not stick when switching from recordings to upcoming recordings and then back
-#22 - TVE does not play Netflix imported content from the Playon Importer
-#23 - Switching between recordings and schedule episode list does not refresh properly
-#25 - Make "Video" remote key (Sage Command: SageTV Recordings) default to TVE
-Update sageortustve api to 0.5.05.364

1.02.03 1/17/2011
-#12 - Use the default v7 header and footer
-#17 - Series banner support (non season specific)
-#16 - Fix bug that would prevent banners from showing in some cases
-#18 - Floating point options (ie TVEOptions settings that were 0-1) are now 0-100 so they can be easily entered from the keyboard. Only the Options menu display 0-100, properties and code still use 0-1
-#15 - Fix conflict with Fuzzy's Recording Schedule shortcut plugin. "Record" does not do anything unless you are in the Group or Episode panel
-#14 - Min phoenix version now 2.3.13 -> fixes fanart display issues for airing items (ie scheduled recordings)
-#13 - Added option to totally disable bg fanart display
-#19 - Added option to make TVE the default action when selecting on TV or TV->Recordings from the main menu. Find the option under TVEOptions -> Main -> Use TVE as Default.

1.01.028.004 1/15/2011
-Parse original air date correctly for imported videos (bug introduced because phoenix changed the way they were storing the OAD)
-Link generating the TVE Options menu items (text entry) to the default stv. Now you should be able to adjust all options
-Fixed saving and importing the TVEOptions settings
-updated the sageortustve api to 0.5.04.361
-updated manifest to rely on the sagemc jar (thanks stuckless). No more manual downloading neccesary.

-Initial release for SageTV V7. Based on the excellent work of tmiranda porting TVE 1.01.028 for the default STV3 and then to STV7.

Release Notes for Sagemc version:
1.01.040 3/6/2010
-add Alpha option for overlay transparency setting in Group cell (TVE Options -> Browser -> Overlay Alpha)
-Fix bug where the watched count and/or banner for a group would not display (or show null) when entering TVE.
-Fix bug where ignoring indefinite articles during sort was sorting things it shouldnt. For example (A.I... was sorting with I, rather then A). the method will only use " " as a word separator now. previously it also used "." and "_". At the programmers discresstion they can optionally pass additional separators to the method.
-fixed bug where when a mediafile was deleted at the end of playback navigation was corrupted when returned to TVE. If a mediafile is deleted and the group no longer exists TVE will apply default focus. If the group still exists TVE will remove the deleted mediafile from the list and set focus to next episode in the episode list.
-fixed bug where if you deleted the only episode in a group (Focus on Episode -> Options -> Delete) navigation would get corrupted
-updated ortus api (0.5.03.265)

1.01.038 3/3/2010
-Fix "Episode Sorting" menu title so it makes sense
-Store the UIContext after a fork where it sometimes would not get passed properly to the fork
-Add grouping option "Title: Original Air Date". Update Cell Time Display for new grouping option so the time displayed is the original airing date when grouping by that date.
-Left Selection Panel Width is now configurable from the UI (TVEOptions -> Browser -> Left Selection Panel Width)
-Update some ortus api metadatamethod names for consistency
-Fixed bug where when a show was deleted it would remain visible in TVE until TVE was reloaded
-Group Options is now wholly TVE and not linked to SageMC options menus.
-Episode Options is now wholly TVE and not linked to SageMC options menus.
-Group Options available from EpisodeFilterPanel for the currently Selected Filter (ie the currently display Episode List)
-Added Option to NOT display recorded TV (that is not a filter). TVEOptions -> ImportedTV -> Display Recorded TV (Default Enabled)
-Added Option to Disable Deleting mediafiles. TVEOptions -> Main -> Allow MediaFileDeletion (Default Enabled)
-Fixed some bugs with navigation to/from Episode Filter Panel.
-update ortus.api (0.5.03.263)

1.01.028 2/4/2010
-Make Left Selection Panel scrollable to make sure all options are displayed
-Fix bug where Imported TV that was a DVD object would not display (or group correctly)
-add Disc information in episode panel when displaying tv dvd discs (follows same format as Season Episode information)
-use ortus method ( ortus_api_GetFilePathForSegment(mf, 0) ) to return the path to the mediafile
-add segment information (number of segments) to expanded episode info
-add ortus logging options (TVE Options -> Ortus Config)
-Fix menu highlighting to use Scaling Insets
-Expand "Play" and "Group/Select" Navigation options (TVE Options -> Navigation)
-When an Episode Title is unknown (ie no mediatile, episode title, or description) display the filename instead of "Unknown"
-Load and Save TVE Options method name updated to latest ortus method names
-Update ortus.api version (0.5.03.254)

1.01.025 01/17/2010

New Features:
-Rework UI to add more customization options
-Rework Options screen for better navigation
-Movies can be grouped into a single item
-Protect Options screen with password. The default password is "0000" (no quotes). The password is disabled by default.
-Ability to load/save TVEOptions.properties files. Makes saving different configurations a snap and it can be used to deploy settings across multiple machines
-Auto generation of playlists for "Play All" functionality

Bug Fixes:
-Group operations (Set All Watched, Archive All, Delete All, etc) work as expected
-Preview Window display issues fixed
-original air date sorting issues fixed
-sorting by season episode fixed
-Removed the incorrect property item for the Load Fanart Deley

1.00 07/25/2009
-Initial public release
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TVEforSage7_1.jpg (185.5 KB, 1814 views)
File Type: jpg TVEforSage7_1small.jpg (54.1 KB, 2736 views)
Check out TVExplorer

Last edited by razrsharpe; 12-19-2012 at 10:31 PM.
Old 01-15-2011, 02:46 PM
Sage Icon

reserved
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-15-2011, 02:46 PM
Sage Icon

reserved x2
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-15-2011, 03:17 PM
SageTVaholic

I think I heard Skirge just cry a little tear of joy.

Nice job.
Old 01-15-2011, 03:25 PM
Sage Icon

sweet, I'm going to install now. What is v2??
Server: HP AMD64 dual core running Win7 64bit (MCE disabled) with 4G memory Tuners: 2 PVR-500(disabled), 3 HDHR and 1 HDPVR Clients: 2 HD200 and 1 HD100 TV: 70" and 52" and 42" Media Storage: ReadyNas 8TB Recording media: 300GB + 200GB+ 250 GB Network: Gigabit backbone'

Thanks to all the developers who work on SageMC, code, utilities and plug-ins to make SageTV better!!!
Old 01-15-2011, 03:29 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueOnda View Post
What is v2??
a dream in a lot of people's heads (mine too) Eventually I'll sit down and finish it... If you reread portions of the SageMC thread you'll see discussions of v2... but basically its a backend and frontend redesign (keeping the same overall feel of the UI) and will have much better filtering/searching of your media and the ability to store and recall custom views.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-15-2011, 04:05 PM
Sage Icon

very very sweet. I'll read up.

Trying it now and using with Sage Diamond and when I go into the TVE there is a BIG "TV EXPLORER" on top under my disk usage bar. Is there a way to get rid of TV EXPLORER label? (i looked under options and couldn't find anything)
Server: HP AMD64 dual core running Win7 64bit (MCE disabled) with 4G memory Tuners: 2 PVR-500(disabled), 3 HDHR and 1 HDPVR Clients: 2 HD200 and 1 HD100 TV: 70" and 52" and 42" Media Storage: ReadyNas 8TB Recording media: 300GB + 200GB+ 250 GB Network: Gigabit backbone'

Thanks to all the developers who work on SageMC, code, utilities and plug-ins to make SageTV better!!!
Old 01-15-2011, 04:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Thank you!

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 01-15-2011, 05:52 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:

Trying it now and using with Sage Diamond and when I go into the TVE there is a BIG "TV EXPLORER" on top under my disk usage bar. Is there a way to get rid of TV EXPLORER label? (i looked under options and couldn't find anything)
The big TV EXPLORER is a remnant of tmiranda's port for v6... I'll see what i can do about removing it... and using the default STV's header.

I don't use Sage Diamond but do have the diskbar enabled... However, its not present in TVE... I'll have to fire up SageDiamond and see whats going on....
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-15-2011, 06:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
I think I heard Skirge just cry a little tear of joy.

Nice job.
Maybe just one was shed.
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 01-15-2011, 06:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
a dream in a lot of people's heads (mine too) Eventually I'll sit down and finish it... If you reread portions of the SageMC thread you'll see discussions of v2... but basically its a backend and frontend redesign (keeping the same overall feel of the UI) and will have much better filtering/searching of your media and the ability to store and recall custom views.
Now, THIS on the other hand will probably produce a waterfall.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:41 PM
SageTVaholic

If we already have TVE installed via the original (manual) method for v7, will installing the lastest from the repository overwrite any settings?
Old 01-15-2011, 08:00 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
The big TV EXPLORER is a remnant of tmiranda's port for v6... I'll see what i can do about removing it... and using the default STV's header.

I don't use Sage Diamond but do have the diskbar enabled... However, its not present in TVE... I'll have to fire up SageDiamond and see whats going on....
Looks like the really large "TV EXPLORER" is caused by the larger font size (50 vs. Standard 20) in the Diamond theme.properties file for the "gFontSizeMenuTitle" setting. We use some different sizes and fonts than the Standard V7 theme in Diamond. It's not so large with the default Sagetv theme and Diamond turned off.

The diskbar isn't a "Diamond" disk bar, just the disk bar you get when you enable Malore's hidden extras. The top was the old location prior to V7.

Nice work.

J

Last edited by jorton; 01-15-2011 at 08:36 PM.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:05 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks. I'm using the HD300 and have attached a pic. photo.JPG

Old 01-15-2011, 08:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks. I'm using the HD300 and have attached a pic. Attachment 11797
Hmm that is a bit wierd probably a bad theme reference or something we and rzr will figure it out.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:30 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Hmm that is a bit wierd probably a bad theme reference or something we and rzr will figure it out.
See above post # 13. J

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...0&postcount=13
Old 01-15-2011, 09:01 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge01 View Post
If we already have TVE installed via the original (manual) method for v7, will installing the lastest from the repository overwrite any settings?
i dont think so but not sure... to be doubly sure i would open up the .properties file and copy all razrsharpe/TVExplorer/* settings into another txt (or .properties) file so you can manually restore them just in case... the save settings option didnt work in .028.003... its fixed in .028.004 so you can restore the options using the tve supplied method...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
Looks like the really large "TV EXPLORER" is caused by the larger font size (50 vs. Standard 20) in the Diamond theme.properties file for the "gFontSizeMenuTitle" setting. We use some different sizes and fonts than the Standard V7 theme in Diamond. It's not so large with the default Sagetv theme and Diamond turned off.

The diskbar isn't a "Diamond" disk bar, just the disk bar you get when you enable Malore's hidden extras. The top was the old location prior to V7.

Nice work.

J
cool thanks for the pointer... I'll try to get that fixed
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-15-2011, 11:48 PM
Sage Fanatic

Thanks for porting this over. This was one of my favorite plugins back in the the V6 SageMC days.

I have a couple of bugs to report.

1.) When I toggle between "Recorded" and "Recording Schedule" content, all of the items in the "Recording Schedule" view have the same banner. I have it set to display 10 banners and it grabs the first banner available and uses it for all items in the view.

Let me know if you need a screenshot.

2.) There seems to be a minor bug/conflict w/ Fuzzy's "Recording Schedule Shortcut" UIMOD installed w/ this plugin. If you hit the REC button in TVExplorer it will pull up the default SageTV Recording schedule (as designed by fuzzy if you are at the main menu). This happens if you are in the Navigation Panel on the left or any of the settings menu's in TVE. Otherwise, REC in the Group or Episode Panels works as designed.

Lastly, is there a way to assign this as the default select behavior from the Main Menu ie.. select button when highlighting "TV"? Normally, hitting the "Favorite" button under the TV submenu on the item you want will assign this.

Thanks,

Peter
Old 01-16-2011, 12:16 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thank you
Old 01-16-2011, 12:25 AM
Sage Fanatic

Also, how do you enter a decimal/dot/period again? I keep forgetting and searches aren't turning up the results.

Thanks,
Peter