SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 05-30-2010, 09:10 AM
Sage Advanced User

Question EXETuner Plugin with Sage7

Anyone using EXETunerPlugin with Sage7? Sage identifies the plugin to choose when tuner is setup.

Running W7 64 bit

Reg Key setup as hklm\software\sage\EXETunerplugin

Sage loaded into c:\Sagetv

No Joy!
Old 05-31-2010, 01:17 AM
Sage Advanced User

Drivers do not exist for firewire under a 64 bit environment. If you wish to tune via firewire a 32 bit operating system is needed.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:10 AM
Sage Expert

Who said anything about firewire?

My bet is on UAC... Turn it off and test it out... For some reason I could never get exetuner or multiexetuner to work with UAC turned on.

-Jason
Old 05-31-2010, 06:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

Ender ... I'm not trying to do firewire. I'm trying to use a utility (HAVAFun) to change channel on a HAVA. The utility works fine but does not get called by EXETuner

Jason .... first thing I did was turn off UAC prior , but it sounds like you have it working with Sage7?

** UPDATE ** Reverted back to original XP Install (Old HD) Removed old Sage .. transfered Sage7 from new Win7 HD and everybody happy for now. I'll tackle Win7 again another day.

Last edited by Graygeek; 05-31-2010 at 08:53 AM.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graygeek View Post
Ender ... I'm not trying to do firewire. I'm trying to use a utility (HAVAFun) to change channel on a HAVA. The utility works fine but does not get called by EXETuner
Well... that's what i get for reading this forum at a wee hour in the morning.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender View Post
Well... that's what i get for reading this forum at a wee hour in the morning.
No prob! I have the same trouble all the time .... I blame it on my Gray matter leaking all over my hair and turning it gray!
Old 06-01-2010, 06:36 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graygeek View Post
Jason .... first thing I did was turn off UAC prior , but it sounds like you have it working with Sage7?

** UPDATE ** Reverted back to original XP Install (Old HD) Removed old Sage .. transfered Sage7 from new Win7 HD and everybody happy for now. I'll tackle Win7 again another day.
Yes... since the private beta...

I DID have some issues jumping from Sage V6 to Sage V7 with UAC. I also had issues with installing Sage to ANYTHING but the root level of the drive; ie, C:\SageTV. Since turning off UAC, installing Sage to root, I have had 0 issues. Vista and now Win7 have a very convoluted method for 'protecting' us from ourselves...

-Jason
Old 06-16-2010, 07:34 AM
Sage User

Having trouble with exetuner on v7.

multiexetuner working fine.

I have an issue where i have 2 boxes that need 2 different codes sent to them to work. One needs the -a4 flag the other needs the -a6 flag. so I was using exetuner for one and multiexe for the other.

Now can't get exetuner to work.

I am on windows 7 and it worked before. Not sure if its sage or if its windows 7 for some reason.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by grbsaaber View Post
Having trouble with exetuner on v7.

multiexetuner working fine.

I have an issue where i have 2 boxes that need 2 different codes sent to them to work. One needs the -a4 flag the other needs the -a6 flag. so I was using exetuner for one and multiexe for the other.

Now can't get exetuner to work.

I am on windows 7 and it worked before. Not sure if its sage or if its windows 7 for some reason.
I had an issue per previous post using Exetuner with a HAVA. Jason has it working with Win7 & Sage7 .... I reverted back to XP then loaded Sage7 and all is working fine, I'll tackle Win7 again next rainy weekend.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:58 PM
Sage User

I just got a USBUIRT and girder...trying to get it to work....noticed that sageTV7 under win7 is using this key. So that might help ya...I am still learning girder so I not there yet, but I have verified that I am kicking off the command in the key.

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Sage\EXETunerPlugin\command
Old 06-25-2010, 11:12 PM
Sage User

Sorry ...multi tunner is here...regular is the other one

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Frey Technologies\Common\EXEMultiTunerPlugin\command
Old 04-15-2011, 02:39 AM
Sage User

Jason, I'm having this exact problem. Win7 64 bit and EXETunerPlugin and Sage 7. I have not yet gotten sage to change channels. I'm using hava_channel.exe and it works fine but I can't get the EXETunerPlugin to fire off the hava_channel.exe. I think I have messed up the location and exact formatting of enterning the key in the registry.

SInce you have it working, could you export the whole key string so I can just import it after changing my IP, stb type, etc? I would greatly appreciate this please if you can.

Thanks!

Bill
Old 04-15-2011, 08:05 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake2415 View Post
Jason, I'm having this exact problem. Win7 64 bit and EXETunerPlugin and Sage 7. I have not yet gotten sage to change channels. I'm using hava_channel.exe and it works fine but I can't get the EXETunerPlugin to fire off the hava_channel.exe. I think I have messed up the location and exact formatting of enterning the key in the registry.

SInce you have it working, could you export the whole key string so I can just import it after changing my IP, stb type, etc? I would greatly appreciate this please if you can.

Thanks!

Bill
Put your new registry entry under the following tree...

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\

The normal reg entry does not place it under the 64 bit "Windows on Windows" directory tree, which the 64bit Windows version uses for 32bit reg entries...

-Jason
Attached Files
File Type: zip Hava ExeTuner 64Bit Reg Entry.zip (431 Bytes, 213 views)
Old 05-08-2011, 10:52 AM
Sage User

Can this be run when sage is a service? I thought i read an old thread that said it could not. However, i have been trying anyways.

Running Save 7.1.7 on 32bit XP and i cannot get it to work. i wrote a batch file that works fine for for my box. the registry is set to call it, but it doesn't seem to work. is there a log somewhere for me to look?