SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Diamond
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Diamond This forums is for discussing the user-created Diamond plugin for SageTV.

Old 03-04-2011, 01:03 PM
Sage Icon

Using "Standard" Sage Thumbnails for TV and Movies

Sorry if I missed this in the Wiki but even though I have disabled Fanart I don't see thumbnails for my movies or TV recordings in the Diamond screens (the ones obtained by Sage from "MOVIETITLE.jpg" and generated from a TV recording). Is there a way to see these (it currently is just blank)? Thanks.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncb View Post
Sorry if I missed this in the Wiki but even though I have disabled Fanart I don't see thumbnails for my movies or TV recordings in the Diamond screens (the ones obtained by Sage from "MOVIETITLE.jpg" and generated from a TV recording). Is there a way to see these (it currently is just blank)? Thanks.
What screen are you refering too?
Old 03-04-2011, 01:25 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
What screen are you refering too?
The default TV recordings screen (doesn't show generated thumbnails) and any of the Diamond Video screens (doesn't show Sage thumbnail which is still shown in the BD/DVD standard screen).
Old 03-04-2011, 01:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
The default TV recordings screen (doesn't show generated thumbnails) and any of the Diamond Video screens (doesn't show Sage thumbnail which is still shown in the BD/DVD standard screen).
Right we aren't going to support thumbnails in the video section would look terrible we do support poster.jpg or folder jpg's but you have to turn that on (see wiki)

As for the tv I will look at that if you bug it should show thumnails there.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:42 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Right we aren't going to support thumbnails in the video section would look terrible we do support poster.jpg or folder jpg's but you have to turn that on (see wiki)
I can't seem to get folder jpg's to work. I have turned on the "Use Folder First" option and set it to "folder.jpg" but they don't seem to show up (all the folder.jpg's are there from MyMovies")?

Something seems to be screwed up with my setup because the "Diamond Category" view shows the "blank" thumbnails with the correct movie title text but the other Diamond views don't show any titles at all?
Old 03-04-2011, 01:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I can't seem to get folder jpg's to work. I have turned on the "Use Folder First" option and set it to "folder.jpg" but they don't seem to show up (all the folder.jpg's are there from MyMovies")?

Something seems to be screwed up with my setup because the "Diamond Category" view shows the "blank" thumbnails with the correct movie title text but the other Diamond views don't show any titles at all?
You need to restart the ui/server for that change to take place. Then clear the diamond cache and do it again. Also make sure the folder.jpg is right it is case sensitive.

Cheers
Old 03-04-2011, 01:52 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
You need to restart the ui/server for that change to take place.
The restart fixed it. The other views weren't showing any titles because it was filtering out "Unscraped Content" by default. Thanks for your help!
Old 03-11-2011, 01:43 AM

Generated thumbnails don't seem to be utilized in my "TV Recordings/Episode View" either. Another post (link http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54402) implied that this has been added to the buglist, but I can't find the reference. Maybe this problem is a side-effect of another issue that's already being worked on?

I think there are currently two situations where SageTV's default generated thumbnails are still needed for the Episode and Detail views:

1. When "Fanart Thumbnails" is Off/On, but the metadata is incomplete, so Background Fan Art can't be fetched.
2. When "Fanart Thumbnails" is On, but there is no Fan Art for this particular episode at TheTVDB.

Anyone else having this problem? I'll write up a bug if needed. Or maybe it's a configuration problem on my end. Frankly I just installed Phoenix/BMT for the first time last weekend, and I could have messed up something, so I'm open to suggestions.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Like you said it has been bugged and fixed in the next build.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:52 AM
Sage Icon

I'm still not seeing "Sage Screen Grabs" for any item that has no fan art. For example, my wife records an HGTV show called "Over Your Head". There is no fan art available for it. I would expect when Diamond finds no Phoenix/BMT art, it would default to a screen grab from 45 seconds in (or whatever you have that property configured for.

I'll add another bug find here:

I am seeing "double fan art" in the TV Detailed View for a show. The top image (as expected) AND the bottom image, where the screen grab is supposed to be. It also overruns the bottom bar/tab. I'll check the code site and add it if I don't see it.

Thanks, LOVE the tabbed Main Menu Widgets...and width adjustable!

P
Old 03-12-2011, 08:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro View Post
I'm still not seeing "Sage Screen Grabs" for any item that has no fan art. For example, my wife records an HGTV show called "Over Your Head". There is no fan art available for it. I would expect when Diamond finds no Phoenix/BMT art, it would default to a screen grab from 45 seconds in (or whatever you have that property configured for.

I'll add another bug find here:

I am seeing "double fan art" in the TV Detailed View for a show. The top image (as expected) AND the bottom image, where the screen grab is supposed to be. It also overruns the bottom bar/tab. I'll check the code site and add it if I don't see it.

Thanks, LOVE the tabbed Main Menu Widgets...and width adjustable!

P
What version of sagetv are you running? is it later than 7.1.2 if so don't log it the double images they are correct (one top and one bottom)

Do log the thumbnail not showing if fanart isn't found I can recreate that one.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:52 PM
Sage Icon

7.1.2, I'll not change until Diamond works with anything newer. I logged both. So the "doubles" are correct? The reflection bleeds into the bottom bar, FYI.

P