SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 11-02-2010, 06:09 PM
Sage User

Angry HD PVR - why are my .ts files being converted to .mpgs?

I've had my HD-PVR for about 3 weeks now. I was looking for some new interface slickness for v6.6, so I installed SageMC. It was at this point that my .ts files from HD-PVR started being converted to .mpgs, but ones that couldn't be parsed by Comskip for some reason.

I noticed after the SageMC install that there was an automatic conversion option (to mp4?) that I couldn't disable or alter on my favorites, so I went back to the vanilla STV (6.6.2.25).

However, I'm still getting files being converted from .ts to .mpg, and I have no idea how to turn this off. It doesn't seem to always happen, and removing and re-adding the favorite doesn't seem to help. This is driving me nuts, as comskip no longer works with these bastard mpgs, and I'm at my wits end. I would consider trashing my wiz.bin, but I believe this would lose all of my watched show records?

Somebody tell me why this is happening? And how to stop it?
Old 11-02-2010, 06:57 PM
Sage Fanatic

Sageproperty file edit under HDPVR tuner

encode_digital_tv_as_program_stream=true (gives mpeg)

encode_digital_tv_as_program_stream=false (gives TS)
SERVER: Win 7 x64/i7-860/Zotac H55ITX-C-E/Corsair H70/CFI a7879 case/12 TB Pooled with Drive Bender. DVBLogic: streaming HDPVR content to SageTV, WMC Clients, NPVR Clients, Remote Computers & iphone. 2ea HDPVR, 3ea HDHomeRun, 2ea VIP211
Old 11-02-2010, 07:38 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryt View Post
Sageproperty file edit under HDPVR tuner

encode_digital_tv_as_program_stream=true (gives mpeg)

encode_digital_tv_as_program_stream=false (gives TS)
Thanks for the suggestion - that property isn't in my sage.properties file - should I add it? Should anything precede it?

Edit: now looking at the .properties file shows a lot of sagemc/ type entries. I assume I can safely strip these out, since I'm back to the default .stv?
Old 11-03-2010, 04:42 AM
Sage Fanatic

mmc/encoders/XXXXXXXXXX/100/0/encode_digital_tv_as_program_stream=false

XXXXXXXXXX is a number
SERVER: Win 7 x64/i7-860/Zotac H55ITX-C-E/Corsair H70/CFI a7879 case/12 TB Pooled with Drive Bender. DVBLogic: streaming HDPVR content to SageTV, WMC Clients, NPVR Clients, Remote Computers & iphone. 2ea HDPVR, 3ea HDHomeRun, 2ea VIP211
Old 11-03-2010, 10:54 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryt View Post
mmc/encoders/XXXXXXXXXX/100/0/encode_digital_tv_as_program_stream=false

XXXXXXXXXX is a number
Are you sure that this setting is used for the hd pvr? Normally it applies to ATSC/QAM tuners, which do record in mpeg2 and this setting distinguishes the specific file format/container (mpg vs. ts).

The hd pvr does the encoding natively in h.264. Possible container formats that the hd pvr directly supports are .ts and .mp4, but .mpg is not a supported container. So there must be something else at work here that does this conversion.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:24 PM
Sage Fanatic

No I am not sure this applies to HDPVR.

Off Topic
My HDPVR was recording in TS when connected directly to Sage, but since changing to DVBlogic controling the HDPVR, the files are now recorded as mpeg. These HDPVR MPEG files play file in sage but Comskip and Showanalyzer both are having issues reading them. But I still want to keep DVBlogic for the ablity to use the HDPVR as a network tuner.