SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 11-02-2010, 03:00 PM
Sage User

Why is it so difficult to play .flac music files?

It's advertised as playing flac audio so why is it such a hassle to get it working?

Set everything up, plugged my external HDD in to the SageTV HD300 and it played fine. Set the directory as a file path and it stopped playing the audio.

Then set up the extender and tried running it all through my laptop, again, wouldn't play any audio but the timer on the track showed as playing.

What do I need to setup? What do I need to install and what else must I do to get the simple task of playing my music working?

Lovely first up post huh?
Old 11-02-2010, 04:26 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncb View Post
Yes, I have some 5.1 FLAC files that I created from DVD-Audio discs and the HD300 sends 5.1 PCM to my AVR via HDMI. This is one of the reasons I got the HD300 (my HD200 would "downmix" to 2-channel). Not that it should make a difference, but I have only tested the extender mode and not standalone playback.
How have you managed to get FLAC play back on your music files in extender mode? I am having a real problem doing this. It shows the music and plays it, but with no audio.
HELP

* merged *
Old 11-02-2010, 04:46 PM

Send a message via ICQ to _Demo_
Quote:
Originally Posted by kopkiwi View Post
How have you managed to get FLAC play back on your music files in extender mode? I am having a real problem doing this. It shows the music and plays it, but with no audio.
HELP
Which audio output are you using and which audio output did you select in the output setup?
Old 11-02-2010, 04:46 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Demo_ View Post
Which audio output are you using and which audio output did you select in the output setup?
HDMI. Tried all 3 possibilites.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:52 PM

Send a message via ICQ to _Demo_
Can you create debug logs by following the instructions at http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...671#post375671 and reproduce the issue by playing back your flac files. The interesting file will probably be the messages, you can simply attach it on the forum or send a bug report.

_Demo_
Old 11-02-2010, 04:57 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Demo_ View Post
Can you create debug logs by following the instructions at http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...671#post375671 and reproduce the issue by playing back your flac files. The interesting file will probably be the messages, you can simply attach it on the forum or send a bug report.

_Demo_
Will give it a try tonight (am at work at the mo)

Thanks for your help

Why must playing flac files so difficult? I knew I should have gone with WDTV
Old 11-03-2010, 02:30 PM
SageTVaholic

I know this might sounds stupid but have you tried increasing the volume on the extender itself? I assume you're using your TV or AVR to control the volume, however the extender has a volume of its own which often times gets stuck all the way down.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:24 PM
Sage User

I thought about that when I got home, but alas, it was turned all the way UP
Old 11-03-2010, 08:41 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopkiwi View Post
Nearly all my music is FLAC and in general I haven't had many problems so don't give up. I have had a few occasions when I got no audio output but this was cleared when I restarted my server and rebooted the HD300 (by pulling the plug).
Old 11-05-2010, 09:11 PM
Sage Icon

I spoke too soon. This seems to be happening a lot with the recent Beta firmwares. It will play a flac file or 2 just fine and then all the sudden no audio until I pull the plug. I'm testing the last "non-beta" firmware now which doesn't seem to have the problem (yet).