SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 08-24-2010, 09:31 AM
Sage Aficionado

Multidisc set question

I started out by putting the 6 discs of 24 Season one into a box set on MyMovies. This resulted in the 6 discs being displayed in SMM's to one disc. In Wall view it doesn't seem to drilldown to the 6 discs in the set. I've tried using the favorites command but that just brings up two options for drill down view and sort. Pressing OK plays disc one in the set. All other views it seems to work OK.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigap View Post
I started out by putting the 6 discs of 24 Season one into a box set on MyMovies. This resulted in the 6 discs being displayed in SMM's to one disc. In Wall view it doesn't seem to drilldown to the 6 discs in the set. I've tried using the favorites command but that just brings up two options for drill down view and sort. Pressing OK plays disc one in the set. All other views it seems to work OK.
That is really not the intent of multi disc that is boxsets.

Multi disc is more than one disc automatically assigned to one title (the way the default mymovies would have assigned those rips had it auto ripped them).

That being said drilldown should still work on wall view are you sure you are showing the correct videos ? What does the top bar say?
Old 08-24-2010, 11:32 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
That is really not the intent of multi disc that is boxsets.

Multi disc is more than one disc automatically assigned to one title (the way the default mymovies would have assigned those rips had it auto ripped them).

That being said drilldown should still work on wall view are you sure you are showing the correct videos ? What does the top bar say?
After multiple restarts it now works.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:56 AM
SageTVaholic

That makes no since but ok...
Old 08-24-2010, 05:48 PM
Sage Expert

What is the correct way to do multi-disc sets? I have boxed sets working (although I had to manually retype the paths after upgrading to the latest release to get them to play), but I'm not sure how to correctly setup a multi-disc set. The example I have is Pearl Harbor (2 discs). The MM software imported each disc separately, with the same info - so it is listed twice in SMM.

I have only searched for about 20 minutes, but found this thread in my search so figured I would ask!

Thanks!!
Core2Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz, 4 Gig DDR2-800, 8.5 TB storage, 8800GTS PCIe, Windows 7 32bit, Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge HVR-2250, HD-HomeRun, Fusion 5 USB Gold ATSC, SageTV v7.x, HD100, HD200, HD300, 60" Mitsubishi DLP
Old 08-24-2010, 06:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Click the disc button and add or edit your disc there

If you add a path linked to another title in a bit mymovies will automatically remove the linked title if folder monitoring is on.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

I figured out now how I was suppose to enter seasons of the TV show 24 into mymovies. I have seen some issues though. When I press "OK" on Season 1 of 24 it brings up the 6 discs that I linked a path to in MyMovies. When I select one it plays and it displays 24 S01D0X just like I have the file saved on my HDD. Next, Season two. All is good again. Next Season three. Now if I select one of the six discs it says it's 24 S02D0X. Next I go to season four. All is good with that one. Next Season five, but now it is displaying/playing 24 S04D0X instead of season 5 discs. Same with Season six. It shows/plays season 4 discs. I then go to season seven and play a disc. Wrong disc displayed again. But this time when I stop the movie and go back to season 6 and press "OK", instead of the list of disc popping up it resumes play immediately from where I stopped playing a disc from season 7. I press stop and go back to season 6 and now it is displaying the correct discs. In fact at this point now all seven seasons are displaying the correct discs.

Very confusing I realize, but I'm trying to give you the play by play in case you need to follow what I was doing when you look at the logs.

The logs where emailed to SageMyMovies@Gmail.com.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I figured out now how I was suppose to enter seasons of the TV show 24 into mymovies. I have seen some issues though. When I press "OK" on Season 1 of 24 it brings up the 6 discs that I linked a path to in MyMovies. When I select one it plays and it displays 24 S01D0X just like I have the file saved on my HDD. Next, Season two. All is good again. Next Season three. Now if I select one of the six discs it says it's 24 S02D0X. Next I go to season four. All is good with that one. Next Season five, but now it is displaying/playing 24 S04D0X instead of season 5 discs. Same with Season six. It shows/plays season 4 discs. I then go to season seven and play a disc. Wrong disc displayed again. But this time when I stop the movie and go back to season 6 and press "OK", instead of the list of disc popping up it resumes play immediately from where I stopped playing a disc from season 7. I press stop and go back to season 6 and now it is displaying the correct discs. In fact at this point now all seven seasons are displaying the correct discs.

Very confusing I realize, but I'm trying to give you the play by play in case you need to follow what I was doing when you look at the logs.

The logs where emailed to SageMyMovies@Gmail.com.
Hmm not sure what I can do on this one as I don't control what sagetv displays in the osd. They should be just displaying the file that is playing I don't modify that code at all I just send the osd/media player what file to play and they handle the rest. Are you sure it is playing the correct file?

Wierd
Old 08-25-2010, 09:17 AM
Sage Aficionado

After messing around with this for hours now I think I finally figured out what is happening.

When I select a season of 24 and choose a disc to play; after it starts playing and I have confirmed what disc it actually is, I use the "Back" command on my remote to go back to the the MyMovies view that I was in to then go on and try the next title. Well, it seems that if I use the "Stop" command instead then I don't have the problem. When using "back", once I try play another disc in another season (or within the same season for that matter) it would just resume play from the last disc making it look like I was getting Season 2 discs showing up in Season 3 or Season 5 Disc 1 showing up as Season 5 Disc 4 etc etc. If a movies has started playing in a multidisc set exiting from that movie by any other means than pressing stop twice (once to bring up the menu and a second time to bring you back to the movies view) appears to result in chaos. Even if I press stop once and select "return to main menu" and then go back to try to select a different disc in a multidisc set it will resume play of the previous disc.

Hope that made at least a little sense.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:41 PM
SageTVaholic

That make 0 since....I wonder if it's the way I am calling the sage media play although that shouldn't matter.

Could you try doing the same thing in the default view and see if it behaves in the same manner.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
That make 0 since....I wonder if it's the way I am calling the sage media play although that shouldn't matter.

Could you try doing the same thing in the default view and see if it behaves in the same manner.
I don't make sense or the behavior doesn't make sense? Or Both?

What do you mean by "Default view" exactly?
Old 08-26-2010, 07:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I don't make sense or the behavior doesn't make sense? Or Both?

What do you mean by "Default view" exactly?
The behavior sorry your decsription does.

By default view I mean the default sage 7 views do the same thing on them and see if they react correctly please.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:53 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

By default view I mean the default sage 7 views do the same thing on them and see if they react correctly please.
I do not see this behavior if I use BD/DVD or Folder view in the default STV.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:15 AM
SageTVaholic

No idea why it would be behaving this way or how to address it in all honesty there is really nothing different I know of I can do.will try and reproduce.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

Multi discs won't play

Hi Plucky,

I also have a multi disc issue, so I thought I'd post it here as well. I have set up a number of multi discs in the MyMovies Collection Manager, linking the discs to the database entry (through the disc symbol in the Collection Manager).

For example, I have Mad Men Season 1 which features discs 1-4. Each disc is linked to the respective directory as follows:

Disc 1 -> \\Server\Videos\DVDs\Mad Men Season 1\Mad Men Season 1 - Disc 1

etc. The actual DVD files are in the VIDEO_TS subfolder of the respective directory.

Now in MMS, everything seems to work fine, i.e., there is only one Mad Men Season 1 entry and if I select it, the dialogue comes up telling me that this is a multi disc title and asks me which disc I would like to play.

However, after I select a disc and press Enter, MMS seems to try to start playing the title (screen goes dark, info is diplayed "Now playing part 0 of 1 from 'Now Playing' playlist"), but then nothing happens. After waiting some time, I pressed the back button which brings me back to the view from where I originally selected the title (e.g., wall view). In some cases, it also showed an open parental control dialogue (the standard SageTV dialogue), but it's not possible to complete it because MSS catches the Enter button and brings up the multi disc dialogue again.

So something seems to be wrong in my setup (?). Any suggestions or will you need my logfile?

Thanks,

Cheers,

teq

BTW: This problem above only exists with multi disc titles - all other titles play without any issues.
Old 08-27-2010, 05:56 AM
SageTVaholic

There is no reason you should have a playlist when playing unless trailers or intros are enabled?

As for the parental control box from sage I don't think I honor that so that may be an issue. Can you see if you turn of the parental controls if the disc plays.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:00 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
There is no reason you should have a playlist when playing unless trailers or intros are enabled?

As for the parental control box from sage I don't think I honor that so that may be an issue. Can you see if you turn of the parental controls if the disc plays.
I checked it - and it seems parental controls ARE the issue: If parental controls are enabled, then the issue I described above exists.

After turning parental controls to 'disabled', I had to turn off the HD200, and after I turned it on again, multi disc support in MMS now works (it won't work if you don't turn the HD200 off in between - no idea why).

So, do you think you can change the way parental controls are handled by MMS for multi disc support? Parental controls works fine in MMS for single discs, you know...

Cheers,
teq
Old 08-29-2010, 03:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Hmm....I wonder if this is a stv problem or me mapping to the wrong spot. I will check it out I don't use parental controls ( well I use smm patentals controls not the default). Please bug it so I don't forget.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:12 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Hmm....I wonder if this is a stv problem or me mapping to the wrong spot. I will check it out I don't use parental controls ( well I use smm patentals controls not the default). Please bug it so I don't forget.
Thanks, Plucky. Just submitted the bug report. Let me know if you need any additional information.

Cheers,
teq
Old 08-30-2010, 07:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by teq View Post
Thanks, Plucky. Just submitted the bug report. Let me know if you need any additional information.

Cheers,
teq
Further to this is this just trying to play a single disc or play all the disc at once?