SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 07-28-2010, 12:14 AM
Sage Aficionado

Suppress Capture Device Failure Alerts?

Is there a way to suppress the popup alerts about capture device failures from displaying? I'm fine with just the events being written to the system message log, but the repeated alerts while I'm watching a show are really, really annoying.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:17 AM
SageTVaholic

there are popup alerts? I'v never seen those.. All I get is the i icon at the top of the menus... sure these aren't being generated by a 3rd party plugin?

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 07-28-2010, 12:26 AM
Sage Icon

No, they're not from a 3rd party. If you had one of the problem HD-PVR's you'd know them well. And they are very annoying especially when they happen repeatedly. Unfortunately there is no way to suppress them. I do wish that on the first one to pop up there was an option to suppress further alerts for a short period so you could finish watching your show before having to do the whole HD-PVR power cycle thing.

S
Old 07-28-2010, 12:36 AM
SageTVaholic

I don't have an HD-PVR, but I DO have a few R-5000's, and DO get capture device failure messages.. just no popups...

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 07-28-2010, 12:07 PM
Sage Icon

Fuzzy may be right in that a 3rd party plugin, namely SageAlert, is causing these. I'll have to get home from work to make sure though. If it is SageAlert then the popups could be easily disabled.

S
Old 07-28-2010, 02:29 PM
Sage Icon

its definitely not sage alert (as there is no STV component to the program).... but i get them sometimes too... and then sometimes i dont... i think i only get them if i am currently watching something that was recorded and get a tuner failure (ie i do not get them if sage is just sitting there with the menu up and no video is playing)
Check out TVExplorer
Old 07-28-2010, 02:56 PM
Sage Aficionado

I get them when my HDPVR fails during a recording. Many many many popups. It's not sageAlert as I don't have that installed yet. And it's on all HD200's. I usually reset the HD200 instead of clearing all the popups, it's faster, that's how many there are.

I haven't had my HDPVR crash since I updated to the newest drivers though, so I haven't been able to reproduce it with logging on or anything.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

So far as I know I don't have SageAlert installed, so the messages I'm getting are coming from somewhere else.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:08 AM
Sage Advanced User

Yellow alerts where Sage successfully restarts the tuner(s) don't generate the pop ups. But sometimes my tuners fail completely where they can't be restarted and then you get a red alert symbol and the constant pop ups on every client. Which for most is fairly useless I think because many times the person (wife, child, dog) watching the client doesn't know or care what the alert means, but is frustrated by its constant interruption of their viewing of saved recordings and other media.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:24 PM
Sage

The repeated popup of failure messages has been changed for V7.0.13 which we we just put out.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:55 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex View Post
The repeated popup of failure messages has been changed for V7.0.13 which we we just put out.
OUTSTANDING! It's so nice to see a responsive company, after struggling for all those years with "the other" DVR software company (hint: it's Beyond lame)