SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 10-19-2009, 08:18 AM
Sage User

Hauppauge 2250 Capture Device Failure with Sage and Comcast

OK, I'm at a loss here. I recently upgraded from the Hauppauge 500MCE to 2250. I believe the card and drivers (latest from Hauppauge site) are installed correctly. For a time it seemed to be working in SageTV - a little. Everything works flawlessly in Windows Media Center. I'm using Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit and latest SageTV and SageMC.

When it was working I had two analog tuners and one digital tuner working - the second digital never worked (never found any channels during the scan). Now I can't get either digital tuner to find any channels during the scan. When I try to tune into a channel like 15-1 I get either Signal Strength 6% and it just keeps grinding away or an Error -

"There was a Capture Error in playback. Details: Error (-4,0x8007001f): There was a problem using the capture device. Please be sure you have the latest drivers installed for your capture device, and that they are installed correctly."

What is the correct setup for Comcast digital (no STB)? I think I've tried every possible combination at this point, but what is the correct process? Currently I'm picking:
Setup video source -> Add New Source -> Pick Capture device -> Digital TV Tuner ->
Then do I pick 1) tune Cable TV or tune Antenna/Broadcast? I've tried both -> Select Program Guide -> Cable or Satellite -> Enter Zip ->
Then do I want Comcast or Comcast Digital? I've tried both.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Old 10-19-2009, 08:47 AM
Sage Expert

There are a few threads that help setting up the 2250. I personally have one and it is working perfectly. Try the tips here:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...3&postcount=64
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 10-20-2009, 09:32 AM
Sage User

LehighBri - Thanks. So far that link to post seems to have worked for me. No more system error messages for either tuner. I haven't tried using both digital tuners yet, but at least I could watch the ALCS in HD!