SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:33 PM
Sage User

Sage with Harmony 890

Hey all,

I am new to SageTV and have everything working ok.

I am just finishing up and trying to get my 890 to work with SageTV. This PC being a Win7 box I had been running WMC with the 890 before installing SageTV. Many of the commands work in both depending on which app has the focus but when selecting the guide for example both apps bring up their guides. Even if WMC is not started at the time the guide button is pressed WMC starts and displays the guide and SageTV does the same.

I assume I need something like separate profiles on the remote but I am lost when trying to configure that.

If anyone has experience along these lines I would love to hear from you !

Thanks,

James
Old 01-11-2010, 09:43 PM
SageTVaholic

If the Logitech is emulating the same buttons as the WMC remote, there are a few options I can think to try. First, would be to emulate a different remote, so they aren't the same commands. Second, would be to see if you can remap the problem buttons, such as the Guide button. Swap it with something else which doesn't automatically open the application, although, I'm not sure if this is possible. Third, would be--most obviously--to uninstall WMC if you're switching to Sage anyway.

If you can fix everything but you're still having issues with the correct program having focus, then you may want to look at something like EventGhost, which allows you to send the command to a specific application/window.
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 01-12-2010, 09:45 AM
Sage Aficionado

turn off Media Center from reacting to a MSC keyboard or IR remote

I found this on the internet the other day
once I find out where I will post the link
to credit that person.

Here is what it said:

turn off Media Center from reacting to a MSC keyboard or IR remote

click Start | Control Panel | Default Programs | Set Program access and computer defaults

then select the option for Custom
expand chevron at right side of screen
then scrool down for category: Choose a default media player
find: Windows Media Center
then uncheck option: Enable access to this program
beside: Windows Media Center

It worked for me after replacing a wireless keyboard that was Media Center friendly, now after doing this if I push any Media Center assigned key Media Center won't react.

Also you may want to turn off all Media Center Services,
and if you choose to try EventGhost search for my post
here at Sage and at EventGhost forums
I have written a guide to use EventGhost with SageTV, PowerDVD, and FooBar2000 to use with my Harmaony 880 remote.

Scat

Server: Intel i7-930 CPU @ 2.8GHz , 300GB HD, 24GB DDR3, Win 10 64-bit, (2) 2TB HD for recording
Capture Devices: 2xHD Homerun Prime 3 (CableCard) = 6 Tuners (Spectrum, TV package: Select), 1xHauppauge WinTv 885 (4 tuners OTA), 1xHauppauge WinTv-7164 (2 tuners OTA), Schedules Direct EPG
NAS: Synology DS1618+ 26.2TB Synology Hybrid RAID (SHR)
Sage Add-ons: Comskip Plug-in
Eventghost 0.5.0-RC4, Java Version: 1.8.0_172 (32-bit), Harmony 880, USB-UIRT
Old 01-12-2010, 12:50 PM
Sage User

Scat and Skirge01,

Thanks for the informative replies. Probably my easiest route is to simply disable WMC. Thanks scat for that info as I did not know that could be done.

In the longer run I would like to run both WMC and SageTV as I am torn between features available in both. For that I will continue to learn about EventGhost and look into the wonderful tutorial that scat has made available.

Thanks again,

James