SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhewda View Post
Ok this is not clear to me. I just watched a movie on mymovies website for installing on whs. Straightforward enough but it talks about configuring monitor, movie disk copier, music disk copier, dvd collector. There is no optical drive in my whs / sagetv server so is it expecting a whs server to have an optical drive for ripping movies? I ripped onto my desktop machine and then ftp to the whs server. Then it talks about a mymovies client software.

I already have dvdprofiler (not all that impressed) because it has no way to simply read my my movies folder to learn what movies i have. Does mymovies do this?

thanks for any clarifications.
Okay you need the WHS addin firstly (you don't have to have a optical drive unless you want to take advantage of the ripping)

After that download the collection manager here and install in on one of your pcs as a client. Point it to the WHS as the server there you can manager your monitored folders so on and so fourth.

Yes it does a automated search when you monitor folders for new content and existing and try's to find matches.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:56 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for the clarification - I will give it a try...and i think you're work here will be a huge success!
1 x HD200 - connected to 150FD
1 x Sage TV server
Pioneer VSX92THX receiver
Monitor one 5.1 surround speakers
Sony S550 Blueray
Old 01-19-2010, 11:14 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhewda View Post
Thanks for the clarification - I will give it a try...and i think you're work here will be a huge success!
No worries let me know if you have any other questions/issues and thanks.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:17 AM
Sage Advanced User

I do not want to derail the main purpose of this thread but I am hoping that someone here can provide some guidance or advise on this issue:

http://www.mymovies.dk/forum.aspx?g=posts&t=16794

I would love to sort this out to be ready when the port is over.

Thanks.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islander View Post
I do not want to derail the main purpose of this thread but I am hoping that someone here can provide some guidance or advise on this issue:

http://www.mymovies.dk/forum.aspx?g=posts&t=16794

I would love to sort this out to be ready when the port is over.

Thanks.
You other post is the right place for it as I don't work on the backend (management console) that is all Brian He will definitely take note of it where you posted it. That being said it appears you have a sql issue on your WHS did you try uninstalling SQL server and mymovies add in and reinstalling it all?
Old 01-19-2010, 11:26 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
No comments on this one don't know if that is bad or good

Here is a more revised one with a "info" overlay on type to put description etc etc. I think I like the spacing/layout better than yesterdays

CoverFlow2
I vote for CoverFlow2 - cleaner and more distinct separation.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
You other post is the right place for it as I don't work on the backend (management console) that is all Brian He will definitely take note of it where you posted it. That being said it appears you have a sql issue on your WHS did you try uninstalling SQL server and mymovies add in and reinstalling it all?
Thanks for the quick reply Plucky.

Yes, I uninstalled everything. I am not entirely sure what else to do but if the thread does not get a response I guess I can uninstall everything and then reinstall again while keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islander View Post
Thanks for the quick reply Plucky.

Yes, I uninstalled everything. I am not entirely sure what else to do but if the thread does not get a response I guess I can uninstall everything and then reinstall again while keeping my fingers crossed.
Did you make sure to uninstall the sql server? I believe that wouldn't happen when removing mymoives but not positive I would wait for Brian to respond.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Did you make sure to uninstall the sql server? I believe that wouldn't happen when removing mymoives but not positive I would wait for Brian to respond.
Correct, that did not happen when uninstalling MyMovies. I uninstalled everything SQL related manually.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

I like cover flow 2 with how the videos are spaced out more it has the wrap that says if its a dvd or bluray. I don't like how the info would cover that much space as it looks like this view would be for people that would like to see the fan art. I think just displaying the title would keep this view looking nice and clean.
HD200: 46" LCD & HD200:26" LCD
Old 01-19-2010, 12:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisc983 View Post
I like cover flow 2 with how the videos are spaced out more it has the wrap that says if its a dvd or bluray. I don't like how the info would cover that much space as it looks like this view would be for people that would like to see the fan art. I think just displaying the title would keep this view looking nice and clean.
The "info" at the top will be optional.

Also the wrap is customizable based on the coverstyle you are using I just keep randomly changing it in the screenshots for testing.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Okay another one for the group

Ignore the time and info on the bottom that is still being adjusted

example3

I also have some options going in to hopefully kind of "please most".

Basically this wall will be more hardcoded meaning columns/rows won't be adustable what you will have is 3 different options for the "look" you want

one being mid-size wall which is the screen shot above
another being "small-wall" which will have the same look as above but with less covers/rows so they will be larger for smaller tvs
the other being "full-Wall" which will be like screenshot 1 where the wall is the entire screen and the information will be overlayed.

cheers

pluckyhd
I like this example. Just like what I had in mind.

To make everyone happy we should just have as much customization as we want. It seems like this is how it is going to work. The ability to add or suptract anything we wanted from being shown on the screen would be really nice.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
I like this example. Just like what I had in mind.

To make everyone happy we should just have as much customization as we want. It seems like this is how it is going to work. The ability to add or suptract anything we wanted from being shown on the screen would be really nice.
Of course that would be great but as always it is impossible to make "everyone" happy and that is not my goal if it were I would drive myself insane. That much customization would be nice but it becomes a nightmare to code into studio and debug what is going on when things go wrong. So yes you will have what a consider a good level of customization with theming and being able to adjust certain aspects of the ui, but you will not have allot of freedom as it is also my goal to keep the integration pretty tight from screen to screen.

cheers
Old 01-22-2010, 08:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Of course that would be great but as always it is impossible to make "everyone" happy and that is not my goal if it were I would drive myself insane. That much customization would be nice but it becomes a nightmare to code into studio and debug what is going on when things go wrong. So yes you will have what a consider a good level of customization with theming and being able to adjust certain aspects of the ui, but you will not have allot of freedom as it is also my goal to keep the integration pretty tight from screen to screen.

cheers
Sounds good. I'm just wanting more than one wall view. The custom ones you showed are very nice. I can't wait for this one to come out.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 01-23-2010, 05:31 AM
SageTVaholic

MyMovies Overview

Plucky,

I've never used MyMovies and was wondering where I could find a tutorial or overview on how it works?

Is MyMovies associated with mymovies.com? My understanding is that mymovies.com is a P2P file sharing site.

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:32 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Plucky,

I've never used MyMovies and was wondering where I could find a tutorial or overview on how it works?

Is MyMovies associated with mymovies.com? My understanding is that mymovies.com is a P2P file sharing site.

Tom
tom,
look here: http://www.mymovies.dk/

basically its a collection management program (ala DVD Profiler) and a plugin for WMC. What plucky is doing is recreating the plugin portion for Sage
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-26-2010, 06:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

Another very appreciative big vote for all your efforts on our behalf, Plucky!

For quite some time I have been trying to get a strategy for our movies in Sage and it really looks like this is going to be a very winning combination! I'm a new user of MyMovies and am just now ripping all of our DVD movies.

I too have had frustration learning MM and tried it on our WHS machine. For some reason it identified very few DVDs, yet the Client did well, so I just ended up removing it from WHS. I now rip all the movies on a Client PC and have them saved to the WHS share with a new folder for each DVD.

From what you have said in other posts, this should have us ready for your new plug-in when it's done. (Can't wait!)

The only thing I'm not sure of is if it is saving fan art. What should I look for in the movie folders to know if it's there?

Thanks,
Rod
Old 01-26-2010, 07:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwboater View Post
Another very appreciative big vote for all your efforts on our behalf, Plucky!

For quite some time I have been trying to get a strategy for our movies in Sage and it really looks like this is going to be a very winning combination! I'm a new user of MyMovies and am just now ripping all of our DVD movies.

I too have had frustration learning MM and tried it on our WHS machine. For some reason it identified very few DVDs, yet the Client did well, so I just ended up removing it from WHS. I now rip all the movies on a Client PC and have them saved to the WHS share with a new folder for each DVD.

From what you have said in other posts, this should have us ready for your new plug-in when it's done. (Can't wait!)

The only thing I'm not sure of is if it is saving fan art. What should I look for in the movie folders to know if it's there?

Thanks,
Rod
rod,

I highly recommend using the whs plugin if you have extenders or other clients for a centralized database plus it will let all the fanart be saved in a central location. Remember the whs is a plugin the actually management is done from the collection manager on a client connecting toy the server

if you don't have another client or any extenders I wouldn't worry about it.

As for fanart if you see the covers in the collectionanager then you have it. Backdrops require points and will be downloaded automatically per your setting/points in my addin on demand.

Also thanks for the support.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
rod,

I highly recommend using the whs plugin if you have extenders or other clients for a centralized database plus it will let all the fanart be saved in a central location. Remember the whs is a plugin the actually management is done from the collection manager on a client connecting toy the server

if you don't have another client or any extenders I wouldn't worry about it.

As for fanart if you see the covers in the collectionanager then you have it. Backdrops require points and will be downloaded automatically per your setting/points in my addin on demand.

Also thanks for the support.
Thanks for the response. I do have an HD100 and an HD200 plus the Client on my desktop.

I am saving everything (at least I think it's everything) to the Video Share folder on the WHS machine. MM has been doing this automatically for me as I rip movies on the Client. The only thing I'm not clear on is where the actual MM database is saved - perhaps that's on my Client C: drive. Could that be why you are suggesting I do it from the WHS machine?

I think some others posted on this thread about doing it the way I am if I understood them correctly.

Will your Plug-In be accessing the database, or just the movie folders?

I do see covers showing for almost all my movies in Collection Manager, and I think I have seen their JPGs in the individual movie folders. So that is fan art? Thought it was just a copy of the covers. I'm confused.

Also I can't figure what 'Backdrops' are?

Thanks very much to whoever responds to this post.

Rod
Old 01-26-2010, 11:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

I fixed my issues and I am eagerly awaiting this import/port whatever name you want to give it. I for one am very appreciative of your efforts.

I love SMW but I have a hate/love relationship with the fanart/metadata portion of it, and the issue with multiple discs and series on DVD which I never got to work 100%. But, MM handles those beautifully and thus my eagerness in seeing the final product.

Couple of questions if I can:

1. Will you be using the MM metadata or the Sagetv metadata (property files) that WHS MM can also produce? The reason I ask is because I did not select the option initially when SageTV was misspelled and the great majority of my DVDs collection was added to MM without that option selected. If you are in fact using the SageTV metadata produced by MM then what are my options? I am aware of the metadata updating for all titles in the database but not knowing exactly what it does I am a bit worried about using it.

2. At least in my system BMI had the tendency to want to use the foreign name for some titles even when the movie title is available in English on IMDB. That made for some very interesting times. Now that my WHS MM is working again I have gone through MM and used the English name in the MM database. I hope that your system is able to use the English name for the titles.

3. On a somewhat powerful system (not my SageTV server) I have noticed that MM3 is somewhat slower than the previous version that I used to ran on the same system. How does the speed and smoothness of your MM import compares to that of SMW on similar SageTV server equipment and the hd2000?

Again, thanks for your hard work.