SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 07-26-2009, 09:53 PM
Sage User

TV Shows Not Grouping Correctly

I upgraded to the latest Sage on my WHS and upgraded the firmware on my extender as well. Since everything went so smoothly, I decided to go ahead and install Batch Metadata Importer and Sage Movie Wall and start playing around with Fan Art. I am still messing around with SMW, but I am having a problem with my recorded television shows.

Some of them now have fan art, but they also are having the episode number and episode title inserted into the title of the program. As a result, they are no longer grouping.

For example, for the show Criminal Minds there was an episode called Road Kill. I used to have Criminal Minds (more) and when you opened it you saw all of the episodes including Road Kill. Now I have Criminal Minds 041209 Road Kill all by itself.

Have I missed a setting?

Thanks!

Miles
Sage Server = HP Pavilion M9250f w/ WHS, Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 (K) (2.66GHz), 4GB DDR2 800, ,2 x 500GB SATA 3G 7200RPM (in share), 1 x 1TB WD Green 3G (not in share). 2xHD-PVR hooked up via USB TV Translators recording from 2 DirecTV HD. 2 SageTV HD-100s hooked up via Cat 6 network. SageTV 7.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:33 AM
Sage Icon

there is a setting somewhere in bmt that is the "TV Title Mask" that governs how the "title" of the media is written to the sagedb (and how sagemc groups/displays the recordings). By default the mask is "Title - S##E## - EpisodeName". Sagemc does not know how to group this title by default. If you change the title mask in BMT options (not sure exactly where it is) to be just the title, and redownload the metadata, then Sagemc will group the way you expect.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 07-27-2009, 07:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
there is a setting somewhere in bmt that is the "TV Title Mask" that governs how the "title" of the media is written to the sagedb (and how sagemc groups/displays the recordings). By default the mask is "Title - S##E## - EpisodeName". Sagemc does not know how to group this title by default. If you change the title mask in BMT options (not sure exactly where it is) to be just the title, and redownload the metadata, then Sagemc will group the way you expect.
I think he is refering to the grouping in SMW. In version three is was not completely correct but that is fixed in version 4.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:46 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
Do you have any more information on what formats are acceptable for this field? I am having this same problem. Right now it has made a huge mess of my Recorded TV section.

Is there information somewhere that outlines exactly how SageMC sorts things? I know the metadata is there and accurate.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:08 PM
Sage Icon

To have My TV grouped properly that settings needs to be ${Title}. From the BMT Web Home Page -> Configuration -> Metadata Tools -> Sage Persisitence -> TV Title Mask.

As some of your metadata is screwed up you need to delete the .properties files for the messed up shows and have BMT recreate the metadata (and hence reimport it in the recording db) after changing the title mask above.

TV metadata is an experimental feature in BMT right now. Sean is working on an update that will write the title correctly when importing the video into the sage recording db so you may want to wait until then but it be until September sometime.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 08-04-2009, 01:23 PM
Sage User

Thanks so much for taking the time to help me but I am still stuck.

I have tried ${Title} and many other contexts but it doesn't make any difference. I have even tried leaving it blank, but I still have a handful of videos that remain titled "Name - SxxExx - Title" that won't sort.

Also, all of "My Videos" only show the first video even though the folder correctly counts the contents. For example I have the following file structure for all of my imported shows:

TV
-House
--Season 1
---House S01E01.avi
---House S02E02.avi
-Weeds
--Season 5
---Weeds S05E05.avi
---Weeds S05E06.avi
---Weeds S05E07.avi

But when I browse in file system mode though sage I see one show titled House or Weeds respectively under each Season folder. Any ideas how I can get it to see all of the shows again?

I have deleted all of the *.properties files and *.my files to no avail. I have even tried the file touching utility that updates the date modified. BTW which search in BMI is the one I should be using, from what I can tell there are three types: Reindex entire media library, Scan for new media, or New Metadata Scan?
Old 08-04-2009, 05:59 PM
Sage Icon

try this.

1. Make sure BMT has created new (correct) .properties files. If you open up the .property file in notepad their should be a Title= line. This should be the show title.
  2. In Sage Remove the Video Import directories
  3. Rescan the library (from within the sage ui)
  4. Add the Video Import directories back into Sage
  5. Rescan the library
Possible reason for videos not showing in my videos. Do those missing videos show in My TV? SageMC will only ever show those videos in either place (but not both). The BMT Setting "Import TV into Sage Recordings" is the setting.... On means the shows become part of the sage recording db and are available through My TV. Off means they show up in My Videos.

All of the above being said you should check out TVE (if you havent already... link in my signature) that groups imported TV and recorded TV in a clean interface. Most of the problems i think you are having you wont have with TVE
Check out TVExplorer
Old 08-05-2009, 10:24 PM
Sage User

Well I'm not exactly sure what did it but thanks to you all of the files finally regrouped properly under recordings.

My only outstanding problem is where my imported videos only show the first video in each folder. The folder correctly counts the contents but SageMC won't display them properly.

As per your recommendation I did try out TVE. It does a great job of pulling all TV together which I have wanted for ever. I can't convince the wife to adopt it yet because she thinks the shows are too small at the bottom and wants to spread it out to be a full screen command center. From your thread it looks like that may be in the works anyway. Thanks for the help and your great work!
Old 08-06-2009, 05:27 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bug1124 View Post
Well I'm not exactly sure what did it but thanks to you all of the files finally regrouped properly under recordings.
great glad its working finally

Quote:
My only outstanding problem is where my imported videos only show the first video in each folder. The folder correctly counts the contents but SageMC won't display them properly.
thats definitely a weird one and can't say if ive ever seen it.

Quote:
As per your recommendation I did try out TVE. It does a great job of pulling all TV together which I have wanted for ever. I can't convince the wife to adopt it yet because she thinks the shows are too small at the bottom and wants to spread it out to be a full screen command center. From your thread it looks like that may be in the works anyway. Thanks for the help and your great work!
yup its in the works no eta yet because lots of stuff is changing currently but its coming...

Just an FYI in the currect release the height of the browser is adjustable... its one of the options in TVE Options -> Browser -> Browser height (or something similar) So the shows will get larger, easier to read, etc.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 08-11-2009, 02:45 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bug1124 View Post
!
I ran into a similar problem (but I use MKV files instead of avi). There recently was a change to SageTV that uses the "Title" meta data from the video instead of the file name. All of my videos had the same "Title" meta data. So only one video per directory is imported.

You will need to create a properties file for each of those videos. Giving each video a different title in the property file.