SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 08-30-2008, 10:47 PM
Sage Icon

how to abort currently recording favorite?

how to abort currently recording favorite?

Cannot find how to do that. Need to do that now and then because I want to do a manual recording "now" and all tuners are in use. Doing the manual recording will trigger a conflict resolution pop-up, but often it presents the option of aborting a currently recording show that we don't want to abort, and I'd like to abort one that is now using a different tuner. Conflict resolution does not present a "which one of these do you want to cancel?"
Old 08-30-2008, 11:43 PM
Sage Expert

I believe this is a trick stolen from OPUS4

Select the Favorite and change it's channel to something odd like CSPAN
A current recording will stop.
Change it back when you want it in the schedule again.

OR

in the STV3.xml, you can also select:
Sage TV Recording,
on the current recording you want to cancel select: Record Options -> CANCEL CURRENT RECORDING

In SageMC you can select
My TV -> Recorded TV
on the current recording then select
Cancel Recording.

Unless I'm missing something

Last edited by Conejo; 08-30-2008 at 11:46 PM.
Old 08-31-2008, 07:07 AM
Sage Advanced User

I believe you do this in SageMC (and possibly the standard STV) by setting 'Set Watched' on the recording. Wait a few seconds (maybe up to 10) and the recording will stop and free up the tuner.
Old 09-01-2008, 12:07 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by logsvp View Post
I believe you do this in SageMC (and possibly the standard STV) by setting 'Set Watched' on the recording. Wait a few seconds (maybe up to 10) and the recording will stop and free up the tuner.

anyone know?
I could tell them the above, but would they remember this since it's arcane? No.
And gee, "Set Watched" isn't what you want to do if you abort recording a Favorite to free up a tuner for a manual recoding. You do want it to record the next airing of the favorite! ( sounds like Microsoft: To shut down, click start)

They simply ask "Where's the STOP RECORDING or CANCEL RECORDING menu or button?". (same thing for ending Watch Live TV started unintentionally).

We're using Sage 6.2 out-of-the-box, unmodified.

Last edited by stevech; 09-01-2008 at 12:15 AM.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevech View Post
anyone know?
They simply ask "Where's the STOP RECORDING or CANCEL RECORDING menu or button?". (same thing for ending Watch Live TV started unintentionally).
My multi-function stop import has a stop recording function, when the recording you want to stop is either highlighted in the EPG/sage recordings, or playing... (it makes it a manual record with stop time=now) SageMC has the same functionality built-in