SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-05-2008, 10:26 AM
Sage Icon

Record favorite in HDTV only

With the HD-PVR coming out I decided to go with HDTV. My HD boxes just got installed yesterday and I'm trying to test things out before I purchase the HD-PVR. One issue I have is with Favorites. I highlighted a Law & Order in HD and made it a favorite. It seemed OK as all the future recordings are the HD kind.
However, when I scheduled a manual recording of tonight's Lakers-Celtics game in HD it ended up using the last available HD box and pushed the HD Law & Order recording to a SD recording using the SD channel.

Now I know that I can simply make the Law & Order favorite use only the HD channel, but what if it starts airing on another HD channel and I never realize it? Is there another way to state only record a favorite in HD?

PS... """Celtics in 6"""
Old 06-05-2008, 02:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

Just a guess but I am thinking because manual recordings have higher priority over favorites that is why it pushed the L&W to the SD tuner.

Not sure of a non-manual way to prevent that other than what you suggested of changing the favorite to the HD channel only.

I guess what would be nice is getting a conflict warning IF a show is getting bumped from HD, however that may be a bit confusing to some users. Maybe make a favorite checkbox saying that you really really want the hd version and it would warn you if it has to drop to an SD tuner because of conflct.

Right now though Sages logic is to always prefer shows marked for HD over non-HD when scheduling, however in your case you had too many HD shows for the number of HD tuners so it moved the lowest priority one to the SD.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:34 PM
SageTVaholic

From experience with my HDHR SageTV always prefers to record HD over SD if there is an available tuner. I haven't had to set any kind of special merits or anything to get it to record HD specifically. Unless the program being broadcast in HD is actually pillarboxed SD the HD flag will not be set and then it will pick any tuner available.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:59 AM
Sage Aficionado

Correct, Sage will always try to record in HD whenever possible. However, you created a conflict by having two things in HD at the same time, so it looked to the schedule, saw it could record L&O in SD, so it did.