SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-03-2005, 10:40 PM
Sage Icon

How not to record one episode of a favorite...

So I have "Modern Marvels" set as a favorite...... There are about 300 episodes.

I look in my upcoming recordings and see that Thursday's episode is about Sock Lint and the advances of Sock Lint throughout time.

Needless to say I don't really care about Sock Lint, but I care about pretty much all the rest.

How do I tell sage not to record the Sock Lint episode but keep recording everything else?

Now, before everyone says just set watched, there's another scenerio..... An upcoming episode is about Street Grime. I like Street Grime, but I know that my wife will become pissed if I take up the last tuner on Thursday night to record a Street Grime episode. But, joy of joys!!!..... the Street Grime episode is on again at 1:00am.

How do I tell sage not to record the episode at 9pm, but that it's OK to record the one at 1:00am?

I tried setting Don't Like, but that didn't help.

Thanks!

Stacy
Old 02-03-2005, 10:56 PM
Administrator

If you set an episode of a fav as Don't Like or Watched, that one episode won't be recorded. You can't really tell it to not record an episode at a particular time unless you tell the fav to record only during a specific timeslot -- you'll need a custom STV to get the timeslot option, though. Then you set 1AM as the allowed timeslot.

You could also set a Manual Recording for a show that you want to see instead during some airing's time -- MRs override Favs. So, on Thursday, you could MR some show you want to watch instead. Or, just select live TV if that is what you want. It will ask if you want to kill a current recording. SageTV should then note that the show wasn't recorded & catch it again during its next airing.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-03-2005, 11:30 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
If you set an episode of a fav as Don't Like or Watched, that one episode won't be recorded. You can't really tell it to not record an episode at a particular time unless you tell the fav to record only during a specific timeslot -- you'll need a custom STV to get the timeslot option, though. Then you set 1AM as the allowed timeslot.

- Andy
So, if I set Don't Like, then sage will only not record THAT show in THAT timeslot right?

The reason I ask is I had set a bunch of Modern Marvels that were coming up on favorites as Don't Like (but admittedly only one time slot for each episode I didn't like). Sage pretty much followed my EXACT words..... it didn't recrod any of the don't like epiodes in the timeslot that I marked as Don't Like. But it went ahead and recorded the Don't Like epiosdes in OTHER timeslots.

Is sage not smart enough to know if I said I don't like "Modern Marvels Ep151 - Sock Lint" that it shouldn't record it -- ever -- if I marked as Don't Like?

BTW: Thanks for responding Andy....
Old 02-03-2005, 11:38 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by srothwell
The reason I ask is I had set a bunch of Modern Marvels that were coming up on favorites as Don't Like (but admittedly only one time slot for each episode I didn't like). Sage pretty much followed my EXACT words..... it didn't recrod any of the don't like epiodes in the timeslot that I marked as Don't Like. But it went ahead and recorded the Don't Like epiosdes in OTHER timeslots.

Is sage not smart enough to know if I said I don't like "Modern Marvels Ep151 - Sock Lint" that it shouldn't record it -- ever -- if I marked as Don't Like?
As far as I know, that is a bug that I also ran into the other day -- I was surprised to see a black-bordered show listed in the scheduled recording list! The one NOT marked as Don't Like had a conflict & was rescheduled... as the one I had marked that I didn't like. The newest v2.2.5 beta is supposed to have a fix for that. If I understand it correctly, it should skip recording all airings that have the same show ID as the episode marked as Don't Like. I have not had a chance to install & test this with the new beta.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.