SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 07-08-2008, 10:58 AM
Sage Icon

Recording schedule and "watched" recordings?

Is it possible to adjust some option so that upcoming "watched" recordings will be visible in the recording schedule, but greyed out like they are in the program guide?

MythTV did this, and I really liked it. You could see at a glance that the EPG information was properly updating, and that there was nothing but re-runs coming up. This would make it much easier to re-record episodes of favorites that were deleted after inadvertently being marked as watched.

I know that if I go into the recording schedule, and mark an upcoming episode of a favorite as watched, it will be greyed out in the recording schedule (just what I want). But if I exit the recording schedule and return to it later, the favorite will not be there.

Thanks,

Drew
Old 07-08-2008, 11:03 AM
Administrator

Where are you seeing Watched airings displayed as grayed out? In the default STV, they are shown in italics and usually have the W icon on them.

And, watched airings aren't added to the schedule because SageTV knows not to record shows that have already been watched, unless you make it a Manual Recording. That's why it disappears from the schedule once you've marked it as Watched.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:35 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Where are you seeing Watched airings displayed as grayed out? In the default STV, they are shown in italics and usually have the W icon on them.
I'm using the malore menus in 6.3.10, and an HD100. Upcoming watched favorites show up in the guide with a box around them (grey? lighter blue?) just like upcoming recordings do, except they are marked with a "W", just as you say.

Quote:
And, watched airings aren't added to the schedule because SageTV knows not to record shows that have already been watched, unless you make it a Manual Recording. That's why it disappears from the schedule once you've marked it as Watched.
I realize why that's the behavior, I'm just asking if there is a setting I can change so that I can aggregate the information I'm already getting from the guide, but in one central spot. The recording schedule seems the logical place for it, and given my experiment with marking an upcoming favorite as watched, it is clear it can already display the information just as I'd like it. I'd just like to find some way to show all upcoming watched favorites, not just the ones I toggled as watched from that entry into menu.

At any rate, I just noticed the way SageTV behaves when you toggle a favorite as watched from the recording schedule. It triggered a memory of the MythTV behavior that I really miss, and made me want to find out if it was possible to make SageTV work the same way.

Thanks,

Drew
Old 07-08-2008, 12:24 PM
Administrator

The schedule menus display what is in the schedule to be recorded. If you want it to show more than what is scheduled, that would require customization via Studio. I know of no existing customization to do that.

You could view a Favorite's details & choose to see its additional airings from that menu.

You could probably also configure one of the malore Guide menus to filter out everything but Favorites & Manual Recordings, then it would show them all w/the scheduled ones marked with an appropriate icon.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:35 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
The schedule menus display what is in the schedule to be recorded.
- Andy
Not always Maybe it is a bug, but at least on my system if I:
1) go to the recording schedule
2) select an upcoming favorite recording
3) toggle that favorite to be watched
4) return to the recording schedule

It will show the recently toggled favorite in grey, the same way the malore menues will show a watched recording in grey. If I exit the recording schedule and re-enter it, that episode will be gone.

Thank you for the customization suggestions. I will probably try the malore guide route, since that seems easiest.

Thanks again,

Drew
Old 07-08-2008, 01:41 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewg View Post
Not always Maybe it is a bug, but at least on my system if I:
1) go to the recording schedule
2) select an upcoming favorite recording
3) toggle that favorite to be watched
4) return to the recording schedule

It will show the recently toggled favorite in grey, the same way the malore menues will show a watched recording in grey. If I exit the recording schedule and re-enter it, that episode will be gone.
All that means is that the schedule update hasn't completed yet.

- Andy