SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-09-2003, 04:13 PM
Sage User

"Watched"

SageTV seems to be marking recordings as "Watched" as soon as they are recorded.

This seems to be because it thinks I must be watching it... In fact, it's just running with no one watching it...

Is there any way to make it assume that programs aren't watched unless they're explicitly watched from the recording list

(wishlist item)
One thing that would also be useful for me would be able, somehow, to set multiple 'watched' flags on a recording. Sometimes on our TiVo, my wife & I will watch a program at different times and neither dare delete it in case the other hasn't watched it yet - it'd be nice if we could each mark our own 'watched' flag, so we would know who'd watched it
Old 05-09-2003, 05:14 PM
SageTV Co-Founder

Do you leave SageTV running full screen in TV mode with video playing? If so that's why it's marking them watched. The best thing to do is put SageTV to sleep, then it uses minimal CPU power and continues to record anyway.
Old 05-09-2003, 06:08 PM
Sage

(in response to the wishlist request)
pscs, what me and my fiancee do to deal with that is when one of us has watched a favorite, we'll hit 'record' on that favorite giving it a yellow border. This promotes that file to a manual record so it won't be deleted, but it still shows up as watched. So when either of us sees watched manual records that we know are favorites, we know the other person already saw it. A little confusing, but it helps.

Multi-user watch tracking is on the list for potentially later....the biggest problem is the annoyance of user identification. Many will find identifying themselves to the computer is more of a turn off than the benefit obtained by knowing which individual has watched what.
Old 05-10-2003, 01:35 PM
Sage User

Yes, Sage is left running when not recording.

I'm not sure putting it to sleep is what I want.

This is a PC which sits in a loft and is piped over the house UHF distribution network to TVs. If I put it to sleep, then it 'minimises' itself and I can see the Windows desktop..

I'd prefer it if 'users' (myself included) didn't get reminded this is really a Windows PC and just thought of it as part of the home entertainment equipment.

(The TiVo we also have always plays TV unless we're doing something with it)

--------

I don't understand the 'hitting record' suggestion. (But then, I'm still trying to work out the yellow borders etc...)

As for user IDs - a lot of remotes have red/yellow/green/blue buttons on them for FastText. Since SageTV doesn't support teletext (and I don't particularly want it to), why not reuse those, so I could be blue, my wife could be red etc. (Of course you may get people who want 5 different User IDs, but you can't please everyone..