SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 12-25-2007, 01:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

HDhomerun vs HVR-1600 for OTA HDTV?? Reception quality

Just trying to poll folks about which of the two OTA ATSC tuners has better reception for any given input sign and best stutter-free HD: HDhomerun vs HVR-1600...any real life experiences would be much appreciated...
also, does anyone know where one can pick up a HDhomerun at a local store...just need to be able to return item easily if no success with it. thanks
Old 12-25-2007, 07:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericft View Post
also, does anyone know where one can pick up a HDhomerun at a local store...just need to be able to return item easily if no success with it. thanks
I think someone mentioned MicroCenter as carrying the HDHomerun in store.
Old 12-26-2007, 10:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

I just temporarily purchased a vizio QAM TV and was able to get all local channels ?(abc/nbc/cbs/fox/cww/wgbh) all in HD!!!. in addition, when i connected the HDTV antennas that I unsuccessfully used with my HVR-1600 to the Vizio TV, GOT ALL THE HD LOCAL CHANNELS WITH NO PROBLEMS!!!!

CONCLUSION: HVR-1600 IS NOT A GOOD ATSC OR QAM TUNER..AT LEAST NOT MY PARTICULAR VERSION (WHICH IS CONFIRMED TO BE THE RIGHT MODEL NUMBER)

Now i guess i'm headed to HDHOMERUN to get HD incorporated into sagetv with my regular SDTV...