SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-29-2020, 05:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

[Solved]Running latest OpenSource Version, no USB-UIRT?

I have 2 HDHR-3CC devices, which record most of my shows, and then I have an HD-PVR and a BMI-3000, both connected to Xfinity STBs, and controlled by USB-UIRTs (I have 2 just for giggles), for recording premium channels.

I had all of that working at one time under some version of the OSS version. However, I recently updated to the latest OSS version, but didn't do a full regression test when I did so I'm not sure when it happened, but somewhere along the line, I lost my USB-UIRT support. I'm not sure when it happened, and I'm not exactly sure what I need to do to get support back.

When I am in the setup wizard to add a new device, my tuning Plugin options are:
DirectTV Serial Control
Hauppauge IR Blaster
EXEMultiTunerPlugin
ACTiSYS IR200L

When I look at my current tuners, I see for my Tuner Control:
C:\SageTV\Common\C:\sageetv\Common\uu_irsage.dll RNG150N-1L
If I click on this to try to change it, I get a popup with some options. Selecting Change Tuning Device gives me another popup window with NO Options, except for a cancel button.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by mgpaulus; 01-29-2020 at 05:32 PM. Reason: updating to [Solved]
Old 01-29-2020, 05:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

Well,

Looks like the solution to this was pretty simple. There is a
uu_irsage.dll.multi
uu_irsage.dll.orig
file in my c:\sagetv\Common directory.

I copied uu_irsage.dll.multi to uu_irsage.dll and restarted Sagetv, and my tuners are working as expected.

(Tried to mark the topic as [SOLVED], but apparently I'm not smart enough to change the topic title so it shows up as such)

Last edited by mgpaulus; 01-29-2020 at 06:40 PM.
Old 01-30-2020, 09:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgpaulus View Post
Well,

Looks like the solution to this was pretty simple. There is a
uu_irsage.dll.multi
uu_irsage.dll.orig
file in my c:\sagetv\Common directory.

I copied uu_irsage.dll.multi to uu_irsage.dll and restarted Sagetv, and my tuners are working as expected.

(Tried to mark the topic as [SOLVED], but apparently I'm not smart enough to change the topic title so it shows up as such)
sorry, so you ‘renamed’ it?
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 01-30-2020, 07:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
sorry, so you ‘renamed’ it?
If we are talking about the dll, no, I did an actual 'copy uu_irsage.dll.multi uu_irsage.dll' If it had been linux, I would have done a soft link 'ln -sf uu_irsage.dll.multi uu_irsage.dll'

If we are talking about the [SOLVED] thread issue, I'm not sure how to rename it.
Old 01-30-2020, 08:59 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgpaulus View Post
If we are talking about the dll, no, I did an actual 'copy uu_irsage.dll.multi uu_irsage.dll'
Neither uu_irsage.dll.multi nor uu_irsage.dll.orig are files that were provided by the Sage installer. It's very likely they were the result of some (ages ago) effort on your part. And the odds are very high that any future upgrade of Sage will again need your intervention.

When v9.2.1 was installed, the installer's opening window presents you with the option to install usb-uirt, so all of this gets handled automagically. It might be a good idea to re-run the installer, choosing the Repair option, to straighten things out. Or keep good notes.
System #1: Win7-64, I7-920, 8 GB mem, 4TB HD. Java-64 1.8.0_141. Sage-64 v9.2.1 ATSC: 2x HDHR-US (1st gen white) tuners. HD-200.
System #2: Win7-64, I7-920, 8 GB mem, 4TB HD. Java 1.8.0_131. Sage v9.1.6.747. ClearQAM: 2x HDHR3-US tuners. HD-200.
System #3: Win7-64, I7-920, 12 GB mem, 4TB HD. Java-64 1.8.0_141. Sage-64 v9.2.1 ATSC: 2x HVR2250; Spectrum Cable via HDPVR & USB-UIRT. 3x HD-200.