SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 10-08-2019, 02:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

Watching channel from Program Guide plays wrong channel

I've been struggling with this for a month... I use Schedules Direct, and something is out of sync. I'm not sure if it's a problem with Sage, or SD.

In early September two of our local TV stations, 7.x and 10.x, changed their ID number. SD calls it the XMLId. I have a HDHomerun Quad Tuner. I rescanned the channels in the HDHR program, and the channels preview correctly. Everything also works correctly in the HDHomeRun App (which I never use except for testing things..).

I then rescanned for available channels in Sage. On the Channel Setup screen, the two channels in question, 7.x and 10.x preview correctly. But from within the Program Guide, when I want to watch a program on channel 10.1, channel 7.1 plays, and when I want to watch 7.1, there is no signal.

Also, on the Channel Setup screen, the correct station and ID are displayed. IE: they match the info in the SD XML file.

Since recordings are scheduled from the Program Guide, when I record something on channel 10.1, I get whatever was playing on channel 7.1, and when I record something on channel 7.1, it fails completely.

Something is out of sync, and I don't know what. I'm not sure if it's a problem with SD, or Sage. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by rswoods; 10-08-2019 at 03:10 PM. Reason: added a bit
Old 10-09-2019, 11:42 AM
Sage Advanced User

I've been in contact with someone from SD, and as near as he can tell, the data from SD is correct, and I'm inclined to agree with him.

How can I try and fix this? Should I delete and re-add all the video sources? I have already removed and re-added one of them, and done a channel rescan, a few times. Do files exist that I can delete and have Sage recreate?

I've been using Sage for almost 10 years, and it's always worked fine. But ever since last month when two of our local stations changed their frequencies, those two channels have not worked right. They preview just fine on the Channel Setup screen, but do not work from the Program Guide.

Thanks.
Old 10-09-2019, 11:57 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rswoods View Post
I've been in contact with someone from SD, and as near as he can tell, the data from SD is correct, and I'm inclined to agree with him.

How can I try and fix this? Should I delete and re-add all the video sources? I have already removed and re-added one of them, and done a channel rescan, a few times. Do files exist that I can delete and have Sage recreate?

I've been using Sage for almost 10 years, and it's always worked fine. But ever since last month when two of our local stations changed their frequencies, those two channels have not worked right. They preview just fine on the Channel Setup screen, but do not work from the Program Guide.

Thanks.
Have you tried deleting the .frq files in the SageTV directory before rescanning in the HDHR software? I'm not even sure who (HDHR or SageTV) writes that file but I do know it's used to set the frequencies.

I manually changed mine when one channel moved frequencies in my area. If you're brave, you can always try to hack it up yourself. If I remember correctly, the actual frequencies in MHz are in there for each channel and all of the UHF band channels are 6MHz apart. Refer to this chart for help: http://sdsdsdsdsdsdsdsdssdsdsds.blog...ncy-chart.html
Old 10-09-2019, 01:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnjj View Post
Have you tried deleting the .frq files in the SageTV directory before rescanning in the HDHR software? I'm not even sure who (HDHR or SageTV) writes that file but I do know it's used to set the frequencies.
Thanks for that...

It turns out all I had to do was rescan for channels on all four of the tuners in Sage for the HDHR Quad tuner. I was under the mistaken impression that rescanning for just one of the tuners, as I had done earlier, would take effect for all four. I was confusing applying the same channel lineup to all four tuners, which is something I wanted to do, with the channel frequencies for each tuner. When I rescanned for tuner 0, that one was fixed but tuners 1, 2, and 3 still contained the old frequency data. Rescanning the rest of the tuners seems to have fixed it.

My sig is out of date... I'm currently running Sage v9. And at least for Sage v9, the Sage program is what generates the frq files. I think, but am not sure, that in older versions of Sage, the HDHR software generated the frq files.

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction! We're good to go.