SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 10-15-2018, 10:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

9.1.10 Java NoClassDefFoundError

I just tried upgrading to 9.1.10 from 9.1.7 using the github release link (since bintray is not working).

The install appeared to go fine...but now Sage won't run, and complains about a java.lang NoClassDefFoundError javax/vecmath/Matrix4f error.

I tried upgraded Java to the latest version, and the problem still persists.

I then tried re-installing the 9.1.7 version, and the installer won't allow that because it's detected a newer version. I don't want to uninstall 9.1.10 out of fear that doing so will blow away all of my Sage configurations.

Help?
Old 10-15-2018, 10:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Verify that you installed it in the same folder as the previous sage install. The installer does NOT check this itself so if you do not install in the default location then you need to change the destination in the installer.

Also, an uninstall does not remove config files - only files it installed itself. But I would ALWAYS do a copy of the entire sagetv folder prior to doing an uninstall and reinstall.

PS: the changes in the version were minor so I cannot see that error being due to this version but I will try some install tests to verify.

k
Old 10-15-2018, 12:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanx for the quick reply.

I verified that the update/install went to the same folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV).

I verified that the timestamps on Sage.jar, SageTV.exe and SageTVService.exe are all as of 10/13/2018, which I believe means they're the latest ones.

The error still shows up.

I'm happy to turn on a higher level of logging if someone can tell me how to do that through the config file, since I without being able to run the Sage UI I can't do it through the UI.
Old 10-15-2018, 12:50 PM
Sage Icon

This guy found uninstalling Java and letting the V9 installer do it helped:

https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64778
Old 10-15-2018, 01:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

Gotta love the Sage forums! Having the installer install Java fixed the problem.

Thanx!!

One quick observation about the install: I had to reconfigure use of the SageTVService (i.e., I've always used it, but after doing the install it was set to 'disabled'). Re-enabling it was no big deal...but I only realized I had to do that because I was checking all sorts of things to try and work around that Java error.
Old 10-18-2018, 10:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

Received the same errors first time trying to run the .exe or the service control module after 9.1.10 install.
Never had this issue before.

Screenshots of 4 error boxes att'd.

Running the install again and doing a repair install fixed all issues.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sageErrors.jpg (242.2 KB, 192 views)
Old 10-21-2018, 02:09 PM
Sage Fanatic

maybe i missed the post...........what is in 9.1.10?
Old 10-21-2018, 04:46 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat6man View Post
maybe i missed the post...........what is in 9.1.10?
See https://github.com/google/sagetv/blo...r/CHANGELOG.md
Old 10-22-2018, 08:00 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarylFStein View Post
thanks...........i was looking for it under 'release notes' where the download files are found
Old 11-23-2018, 05:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

I just installed the update to 9.1.10.
I came here to review issues, and found this thread first, so I uninstalled Java before running "SageTVSetup_9.1.10.exe".

After installing and restarting, I still got the java.lang NoClassDefFoundError javax/vecmath/Matrix4f error.

I ran "SageTVSetup_9.1.10.exe" and selected repair.
That seemed to fix the Java error, and I was able to run the GUI (e.g. the Sage client running on the same computer that is the server.)

I also found that the sage service was disabled. At first, the service control program gave me an error about the service not responding. One additional reboot cycle seems to have cleared that problem up.

I still have a problem where any video that was recorded from the HD-PVR2 (H.264) that I play in the GUI crashes the GUI. It just silently closes without error. MPEG2 OTA recordings play in the GUI normally.

Both H.264 and MPEG2 play normally on the HD300 remote.
HD300 extender with (2020 New Build) SageTV 64 bit V9.2.2.903 (service mode), Running on Windows 10 (64 bit), Intel Core i7-10700K CPU, 16G RAM, GIGABYTE Z490 UD motherboard. NVidia GTX1650 Super; Viewsonic LCD on one output and Mitsubishi WD57734 HDTV via DVI/HDMI on other output. HDHomeRun HDHR5-4US tuner, Hauppauge "Siena" 1512 HD-PVR2 connected to Cisco Cable modem from Spectrum, tuned with USB-UIRT.

Tags
java error