SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Linux > SageTV for unRAID/Docker
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV for unRAID/Docker Discussion related to SageTV for unRAID/Docker. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to SageTV for unRAID/Docker should be posted here.

Old 07-10-2017, 11:08 AM
Sage Advanced User

Comskip not autoskipping on unraid /w SageTV3/SageMC

So I recently setup comskip on my new unraid box with SageTV v9. I installed the Commercial Detector 1.01 and Comskip Playback 2.1.3 plugins. To install the plugins, I drop out of my usual SageTV3/SageMC and go SageTV7.xml and Gemstone UI theme. I guess on my system I have installed Phoenix3, SageTV3, and SageMC Full UI plugins installed. I also have the "Gemstone for Default SageTV9" UI Mod plugin installed. Since I've used SageMC in the past, I'm trying to keep that as my wife and kid like it.

I am getting the edl files generated... and .log and .txt files.

And so when I revert by to my usual SageTV3/SageMC UI... I can see my recordings... It records new shows, and I can see the commercial breaks in the progress bar, so it looks like the detector is running for sure. But Comskip Playback does not automatically skip over the dark green commercial bits.

I tried the same in the SageTV7/Gemstone UI, and the same show does automatically and perfectly skip over the same bits.

Does comskip not work in SageTV3/SageMC? Is there anything I can try?

Thanks!

Server hardware: i7-7700@3.6GHz, ASUSTek Prime H270 Pro, R5 case, 32GB, 2x250GB M.2 SSD cache (raid1), 12TB pool, HDHR Dual Tuner, HDHR Extend, CM 4221/7778
Server software: unRAID 6.9.2, SageTV v9, SageMC (high WAF), SD EPG, dockers (SageTV, Plex, Emby, Unifi Controller, Sonarr, OpenVPN, DelugeVPN, Logitech Media Center, etc.), VMs
Clients: 3 x HD300, Placeshifters, 4 x FireStick4K+Android Miniclient, iOS devices+Plex
Old 07-10-2017, 11:19 AM
SageTVaholic

You posted this in the unRAID sub-forum, but this seems like a SageMC specific issue. The # of people that run unRAID and also run SageMC will likely be very small, so the chances of this getting answered here will also be small
Old 07-10-2017, 11:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenner View Post
So I recently setup comskip on my new unraid box with SageTV v9. I installed the Commercial Detector 1.01 and Comskip Playback 2.1.3 plugins. To install the plugins, I drop out of my usual SageTV3/SageMC and go SageTV7.xml and Gemstone UI theme. I guess on my system I have installed Phoenix3, SageTV3, and SageMC Full UI plugins installed. I also have the "Gemstone for Default SageTV9" UI Mod plugin installed. Since I've used SageMC in the past, I'm trying to keep that as my wife and kid like it.

I am getting the edl files generated... and .log and .txt files.

And so when I revert by to my usual SageTV3/SageMC UI... I can see my recordings... It records new shows, and I can see the commercial breaks in the progress bar, so it looks like the detector is running for sure. But Comskip Playback does not automatically skip over the dark green commercial bits.

I tried the same in the SageTV7/Gemstone UI, and the same show does automatically and perfectly skip over the same bits.

Does comskip not work in SageTV3/SageMC? Is there anything I can try?

Thanks!
SOLVED. I have a tendency of solving my own post/question soon after posting it. :-) But so in this case, while in SageMC and in tv playback mode, I right clicked on the video. There is an option "Com. Auto Skip". It was disabled. Set to enabled, that show now works correctly. Then I updated the global Commercial Autoskip in the SageMC settings.

There is also Background Commercial Processing=Disabled in my SageMC settings.... I guess I will leave that as is, since it is currently creating the .edl files.

Server hardware: i7-7700@3.6GHz, ASUSTek Prime H270 Pro, R5 case, 32GB, 2x250GB M.2 SSD cache (raid1), 12TB pool, HDHR Dual Tuner, HDHR Extend, CM 4221/7778
Server software: unRAID 6.9.2, SageTV v9, SageMC (high WAF), SD EPG, dockers (SageTV, Plex, Emby, Unifi Controller, Sonarr, OpenVPN, DelugeVPN, Logitech Media Center, etc.), VMs
Clients: 3 x HD300, Placeshifters, 4 x FireStick4K+Android Miniclient, iOS devices+Plex

Last edited by glenner; 07-10-2017 at 01:17 PM.
Old 07-10-2017, 02:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
You posted this in the unRAID sub-forum, but this seems like a SageMC specific issue. The # of people that run unRAID and also run SageMC will likely be very small, so the chances of this getting answered here will also be small
Good idea for next time... though my particular comskip issue appears solved at this point.

I also agree SageMC users appear to be on the endangered list...

Later on I'll look to move from SageMC to Phoenix/Gemstone... but if I were to do that now, I'm pretty sure I'd have a family mutiny on my hands, as SageMC roots have grown now after 6-7+ years of use. I'll figure out the UI piece after I get everything else on unraid sorted out.

The good news is SageMC/SageTV3 on unraid, even with my wife and kid's preferred v6 UI skins manually installed, appears to work fine. It's a simple UI... and I can show the new babysitter how to use it in under 2 minutes. :-)

One thing I need to figure out is exactly what features am I missing by using an old UI. I thought comskip wasn't working on SageMC/Sage9/unraid but it works fine. I thought FanArt wouldn't work... but it also works fine. I'll need to compare the UIs going forward to figure that out...

But when I get to sorting out the UI, I'll find the right forum....