SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Linux > SageTV for unRAID/Docker
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV for unRAID/Docker Discussion related to SageTV for unRAID/Docker. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to SageTV for unRAID/Docker should be posted here.

Old 01-19-2017, 04:41 PM
SageTVaholic

unRAID with HD-PVR, Firewire and/or USB-UIRT

Within the next week or so I plan to build my permanent unRAID machine after playing with it on temporary hardware.

If I remember correctly there was something special that you had to do to get the HD-PVR working in unRAID. Can someone please point me to the process?

And does anyone have any insight into getting FireWire working on unRAID? I see a few threads around FireWire on Linux, can I just use those. I also would like to get a USB-UIRT working as a backup.
Old 01-19-2017, 05:03 PM
Sage User

To get the HD-PVR running, you will need to install the unRAID DVB Edition plugin and switch to an appropriate build. I think I'm using the LibreElec version, which ever was the recommended suggestion.
Old 01-19-2017, 05:38 PM
SageTVaholic

OK thanks.

Let me see if I have this process correct. You install the plugin via the CA Apps page. Then it shows up under the Settings tab under User Utilities and you select the version you want, in my case LibreElec 6.2.4 and then say Download & Install.

It wants you to reboot. But before rebooting you must stop your Array. So you do that and then click the reboot button.

So I then install the SageTV docker after this is complete? Or can it be installed first?
Old 01-19-2017, 06:10 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
OK thanks.

Let me see if I have this process correct. You install the plugin via the CA Apps page. Then it shows up under the Settings tab under User Utilities and you select the version you want, in my case LibreElec 6.2.4 and then say Download & Install.

It wants you to reboot. But before rebooting you must stop your Array. So you do that and then click the reboot button.

So I then install the SageTV docker after this is complete? Or can it be installed first?
Where I am on with playing around with unRAID is with the hardware I want to support I should either change capture hardware to something more supported or use a VM. The VM lets me mess with the kernel while Docker doesn't. Both seem to allow pass-through, but if the host kernel doesn't support the device then Docker won't either.
Old 01-19-2017, 06:16 PM
SageTVaholic

What capture hardware are you using?

Anyone have any idea if the 6.2.4 LibreElec kernel supports FireWire and/or USB-UIRT?

What's with the DVB name? Isn't DVB the European Digital Broadcast standard?
Old 01-19-2017, 06:39 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:

Anyone have any idea if the 6.2.4 LibreElec kernel supports FireWire and/or USB-UIRT?

Capture hardware is a Ceton InfiniTV6 PCIe card (CableCard) and a Hauppauge 2250 PCIe card (OTA). Long story, but at the time internal hardware seemed better. Because Comcast (my only non-OTA-option other than satellite), changes things all the time I'm not interested in investing in different network CableCard encoders.

EDIT: I tried an InfiniTV4 PCIe device under unRAID and couldn't get it to work without moving to a VM. Maybe user error.?

Last edited by KarylFStein; 01-19-2017 at 06:46 PM.
Old 01-19-2017, 06:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

FireWire - I 'think so', but don't have a firewire port on any computer I own.
USB-UIRT - yes, the 6.2.4 LibreElec kernel has USB-UIRT drivers in it.

It is named for DVB, because that is what it was originally created for, but they ended up rolling just about all the major v4l2 drivers (like the HD-PVR 1212) into the kernel so it works for our purposes as well.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 01-20-2017, 06:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarylFStein View Post
Capture hardware is a Ceton InfiniTV6 PCIe card (CableCard) and a Hauppauge 2250 PCIe card (OTA). Long story, but at the time internal hardware seemed better. Because Comcast (my only non-OTA-option other than satellite), changes things all the time I'm not interested in investing in different network CableCard encoders.

EDIT: I tried an InfiniTV4 PCIe device under unRAID and couldn't get it to work without moving to a VM. Maybe user error.?
Were you running the unRAID DVB Plugin (LibreElec kernel). Typically if you are running a PVR setup on unRAID, you'll want to use that plugin to get a kerne that has additional drivers installed. It likely works in a VM since you are just passing the device through, and then allowing the guest to install drivers.
Old 01-31-2017, 06:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
FireWire - I 'think so', but don't have a firewire port on any computer I own.
USB-UIRT - yes, the 6.2.4 LibreElec kernel has USB-UIRT drivers in it.
Are there instructions anywhere for setting up a USB-UIRT? I am using an HD-PVR with the LibreElec kernel with no issue but I can't figure out how to do tuning.

Long term I would like to use firewire - does that need some files added to the docker?
Old 02-01-2017, 05:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Are there instructions anywhere for setting up a USB-UIRT? I am using an HD-PVR with the LibreElec kernel with no issue but I can't figure out how to do tuning.

Long term I would like to use firewire - does that need some files added to the docker?
There's a whole thread (maybe in the docker area) of guy who setup usb-uirt for unraid. I had to update the the docker image with some extra files for it to work, and you need to use gentuner, etc... I'd start there.
Old 02-01-2017, 07:11 AM
SageTVaholic

I am guessing that you mean the thread from October where mibsy was discussing how to set this up. It isn't clear what you added to the docker image and what we still have to do, but I will contact mibsy and if I get it working I will post a how to.
Old 02-01-2017, 07:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I am guessing that you mean the thread from October where mibsy was discussing how to set this up. It isn't clear what you added to the docker image and what we still have to do, but I will contact mibsy and if I get it working I will post a how to.
I'm pretty sure that Fuzzy had it working as well... I have a USB-UIRT that was donated to me, and I've been meaning to set it up, but I haven't had time to play with it (or anything sagetv related) in a last 2-3 weeks
Old 02-01-2017, 07:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Ok, I will work with Fuzzy. One further question, I would also like to try firewire. Looking at some of the MythTV wikis it appears that you need at least libavc1394-dev and libraw1394-dev to use firewire. I don't think that these are included in unRAID. How would I go about installing these? Note that I do have the DVB LibreElec version kernel installed.
Old 02-01-2017, 08:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Ok, I will work with Fuzzy. One further question, I would also like to try firewire. Looking at some of the MythTV wikis it appears that you need at least libavc1394-dev and libraw1394-dev to use firewire. I don't think that these are included in unRAID. How would I go about installing these? Note that I do have the DVB LibreElec version kernel installed.
I'll try to see if I can update the docker image this weekend to include those (they might already be included, not sure).
Old 02-01-2017, 09:51 AM
SageTVaholic

I didn't see them when I did a libmod but I may have been looking in the wrong place as I did a libmod from a root ssh session, not within the Sagetv docker container.

To open an ssh session in the docker container I would use "docker exec -it stuckless-sagetv-java8 bash", correct? What should I then do to look for these drivers?
Old 02-01-2017, 05:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Do I need to enable this setting in the docker advanced options for USB-UIRT?

Enable LIRC Daemon with Configuration from SageTV lirc.d Directory

And then how to I do the Config in the SageTV lirc.d Directory?