SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 01-19-2017, 01:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Luckily, the lucene issue isn't as significant on the linux side, as there are very few potential upgraders from v7 linux to v9 linux.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 01-28-2017, 11:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
That will work. Java does search the classpath in order, which is why I said it would a nice future enhancement to separate the jars and put the sage system ones in a separate folder. But yeah, we could add lucene (and the other sagetv core jars) explicitly to the start of the classpath. Also if we do this change, I'd like to see "." removed from the classpath... I'm not sure why it gets added, but, it caused me some grief some months ago

I assume you are still volunteering to do this
So we have discovered that at least one plugin broke because of this change. I don't think it will be a big deal for Tom to address this, but it makes me wonder if anything else is now broken.

https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...&postcount=531

I'm not arguing to change it back, but there might have been a reason why it was done that way before that we will discover eventually.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Old 01-28-2017, 01:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterNoEscape View Post
So we have discovered that at least one plugin broke because of this change. I don't think it will be a big deal for Tom to address this, but it makes me wonder if anything else is now broken.

I'm not arguing to change it back, but there might have been a reason why it was done that way before that we will discover eventually.
I'd prefer to leave it out... since adding . to the classpath (especially in sagetv can really slow things down, especially for things that search the classpath).

I also encountered an endless loop condition when testing Tomcat as an embedded server, because of the "." in the classpath.

In general practice I don't think that adding "." is a good design... I think I'd rather find/fix the issues as they come up. If we get to a critical mass where more things are not working than working... I'd likely change my mind
Old 01-28-2017, 01:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

This will break several of my plugins.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 01-28-2017, 02:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I'd prefer to leave it out... since adding . to the classpath (especially in sagetv can really slow things down, especially for things that search the classpath).

I also encountered an endless loop condition when testing Tomcat as an embedded server, because of the "." in the classpath.

In general practice I don't think that adding "." is a good design... I think I'd rather find/fix the issues as they come up. If we get to a critical mass where more things are not working than working... I'd likely change my mind
I find it odd that the JVM doesn't just expand the classpath to the absolute path of the files. In my mind if you're in the directory /opt/sagetv/server, ./folder, folder and /opt/sagetv/server/folder resolve to the same thing. I find it odd that this somehow influences where the JAR thinks it current path is.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Old 01-28-2017, 05:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I find it odd that the JVM doesn't just expand the classpath to the absolute path of the files. In my mind if you're in the directory /opt/sagetv/server, ./folder, folder and /opt/sagetv/server/folder resolve to the same thing. I find it odd that this somehow influences where the JAR thinks it current path is.
Not sure I understand. The "jar" doesn't have a conscept of current working directory, but, it may if you add "." to it. Not sure if my response in the other thread covered it not, but basically. getResource() searches each entry in the classpath, independently, sort of treating each entry as a separate entity (as it should).
Old 01-28-2017, 07:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Not sure I understand. The "jar" doesn't have a conscept of current working directory, but, it may if you add "." to it. Not sure if my response in the other thread covered it not, but basically. getResource() searches each entry in the classpath, independently, sort of treating each entry as a separate entity (as it should).
It might just be a small misunderstanding on my part about how the classpath works.

Old 01-28-2017, 07:38 PM
Sage Icon

So the questions is... since tmiranda is the author of several crazy valuable plugins like commercial detector... do these now work or are broken? (would like to know before I update...
Old 01-28-2017, 07:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflamm View Post
So the questions is... since tmiranda is the author of several crazy valuable plugins like commercial detector... do these now work or are broken? (would like to know before I update...
CommercialDetector works fine.
YouTube is broken but I have the fix and will update the plugin tomorrow.
If anything else breaks I'll fix it ASAP.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 01-28-2017, 07:54 PM
Sage Icon

as always - thanks for the quick response and contributions!