SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 03-16-2005, 03:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

Automatic File Transfer - Not Sage Specific

I recently installed a flash reader into my server. What I want to do is insert a compact flash card from my camera at the end of the day and have all the photos automatically transferred to a folder on my HD.

I was thinking about the XP photo transfer utility but I can't figure out a way for it to happen w/o any user interactions.

Is there any software that can do this or is there a way I can make XP do it?

Thanks
Old 03-16-2005, 05:28 PM
Sage Icon

So long as the flash card appears as a normal drive letter - E: removable drive - for example, you can use do this 2 ways:

Use the XP Scheduled Tasks and setup xcopy as a daily task

or

Go to Run and type CMD
Then at the DOS prompt at /?
Setup the AT to run xcopy daily
SageTV server & client: Win 10 Pro x64, Intel DH67CF, Core i5 2405s, 8 GB ram, Intel HD 3000, 40GB SSD system, 4TB storage, 2x HD PVR component + optical audio, USB-UIRT 2 zones + remote hack, Logitech Harmony One, HDMI output to Sony receiver with native Intel bitstreaming
Old 03-16-2005, 07:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

Actually, I'm pretty sure that this can be done with an Autorun file on the flash card. This way, the process won't bomb or error out if the card isn't inserted when the scheduled task tries to do the copy.

Whenever removable media is mounted in Windows, it will look for and try to follow the Autorun. You'll have to do some googling on it, since it has been quite a while since I have done this, but you should be able to get it working with little trouble. The key is to have the Autorun.ini tell windows to execute a batch file that does the actual copy.
Old 03-16-2005, 09:40 PM
Sage Aficionado

I wasn't as clear in my first post.

What I'm after is that this process would occur when I insert the media.
So I would insert the compact flash card and the pictures would be transferred from flash to a folder on the HD of the server.

The autorun is heading in the right direction. My only concern with the is the media would need to be "blessed" with the autorun to function. There may be times when I'm wanting to download pics from someone else’s card and would not have the opportunity to "bless it."

Last edited by DynamoBen; 03-16-2005 at 09:58 PM.
Old 03-16-2005, 10:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

The only thing that comes to mind is AutoInsert notification/actions, but I don't think that will do you much good for this. Try turning on Autoinsert for that drive letter (if it lets you), insert a media card, and see if it brings up the "What do you want to do" dialog. If it doesn't, then Autoinsert won't help.

In that case, just put a shortcut to the batch file on your desktop, or use one of the SCR's that let you add actions to Sage's menus to call the batch. I don't think you will find a universal automated solution.
Old 03-17-2005, 06:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Here-use this.

Short, sweet and simple.

Transferer

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 03-17-2005, 12:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

That seems to be a winner.

However if anyone knows of any other apps please to post them.