SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v9 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v9 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 9 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 9 and newer.

Old 11-26-2016, 06:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

V9.0.9 and Windows Not Sleeping with Service

Anyone other than me having problem with their systems not sleeping with the service running in V9.0.9?

Running powercfg -requests shows the SageTV Service running, while V9.0.4 does not. In 9.0.9 if I stop the service it goes to sleep.

******************* Update *******************

Now upp'd to V9.11 and it goes to sleep - until you do a conversion. At that point NOTHING will get it to sleep again, restarting service, restarting computer, etc.
2 Sage Clients V9.2.2
2 HD-100 Placeshifters - not connected.

Last edited by RBraverman; 11-28-2016 at 08:31 AM. Reason: Clarification
Old 11-29-2016, 05:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Can you test something for me? When your server is in that "won't sleep after a conversion" state, check the list of conversions (Videos -> Video Conversions). It is probably showing the completed conversions in there. From there, you can remove the completed jobs, so the list is empty, and see if the server will then go to sleep.

I think this is an issue from a change I did a few months back to prevent the server from sleeping when there are transcode jobs in progress, but I may not be ignoring already completed jobs.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room

Last edited by Fuzzy; 11-29-2016 at 05:50 AM.
Old 11-29-2016, 12:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Can you test something for me? When your server is in that "won't sleep after a conversion" state, check the list of conversions (Videos -> Video Conversions). It is probably showing the completed conversions in there. From there, you can remove the completed jobs, so the list is empty, and see if the server will then go to sleep.

I think this is an issue from a change I did a few months back to prevent the server from sleeping when there are transcode jobs in progress, but I may not be ignoring already completed jobs.
THANKS for reply.

I have been leaving them there ...

In the middle of "playing" - my wife would re-phrase it - comskip to create the proper vpj file for VRD V5.

But I'd LOVE to get this fixed. Then I'd only have ONE problem and ya' all could get rid of me ....

************************UPDATE**********************

I just KNEW you could figure this out, A GRAND DAY OUT! and a beer to ya!

FWIW I'm using V9.111 or is it 9.0.111, or 9.1.0111
2 Sage Clients V9.2.2

Last edited by RBraverman; 11-29-2016 at 05:02 PM.
Old 11-29-2016, 05:53 PM
SageTVaholic

okay, if that confirms the problem, it should be an easy fix when I'm back near my dev machine. So after that's fixed, and a new build comes out, failed and completed jobs in the queue will not keep it awake, only running and waiting jobs will.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 11-29-2016, 07:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

Smile

Quote:
okay, if that confirms the problem, it should be an easy fix when I'm back near my dev machine. So after that's fixed, and a new build comes out, failed and completed jobs in the queue will not keep it awake, only running and waiting jobs will.
Cool, take your time. At least I know what it is that was/is keeping the service going. And thats why even a reboot or service restart wouldn't clear it.

Any ideas of having time contraints for conversions? Say only run from 12:00am to 6:00am?

Anyway, MANY thanks.
2 Sage Clients V9.2.2

Last edited by RBraverman; 11-29-2016 at 08:01 PM.
Old 11-30-2016, 02:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBraverman View Post
Any ideas of having time contraints for conversions? Say only run from 12:00am to 6:00am?
I'm sure it's been discussed before. Can't really see much real world point though, as really the only times a conversion are going to be added are right after a favorite is recorded (for an auto-convert), or manually requested - both of which the system is already awake, and may be better to just get it over with then, while the system is also likely to be up for other reasons (further prime-time recordings, or viewing) than some off-hours time where it'd only be awake for the conversion.

Old 12-01-2016, 02:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I'm sure it's been discussed before. Can't really see much real world point though, as really the only times a conversion are going to be added are right after a favorite is recorded (for an auto-convert), or manually requested - both of which the system is already awake, and may be better to just get it over with then, while the system is also likely to be up for other reasons (further prime-time recordings, or viewing) than some off-hours time where it'd only be awake for the conversion.
Ya kinda have to remember that a lot of the boxes used - the ones that aren't nix boxes - are win7 with older H/W.

In the middle of converting a 1:45hr movie and I'm into my 4th hour, now if there were recordings scheduled IN between that ... this poor ol' Core2Duo would be a' strugglin'.
2 Sage Clients V9.2.2