SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 10-14-2015, 08:36 AM
Sage Expert

Can't see tuner after updating sagetv 7 stv

I am trying to setup a sagetv 9 install on a test system. I did clean install with sage service. Shut down service, installed sage 9, lucene core jars, installed sagetv and service exe files. This is the part that I'm not sure I'm doing right. I couldn't figure out hoe to download just the updated sagtv 7 stv, so I downloaded sagemaster, deleted the sagetv 7 stv folder and copied that same folder from sage master download to my sagtv setup so that sagetv 7 stv is back. I start install and when I get to tuners there are none. I do the exact same setup but not install new sagetv 7 stv and it can see tuners. Am I doing something wrong when changing to the new stv?
Sage Tv Server-Amd 4200FX quad core, Asus Nvidia EN610 Hdmi out , 8 Gig Ram ,(3) HVR-1800, 3.5 terrabyte storage, Windows 8 Pro on sage 9.09 system . Media Server- 6 Terabytes on 5 drives, Amd x2 6000 8 useable gig ram on win 7 32 bit media server.
Old 10-14-2015, 09:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnadeau View Post
I am trying to setup a sagetv 9 install on a test system. I did clean install with sage service. Shut down service, installed sage 9, lucene core jars, installed sagetv and service exe files. This is the part that I'm not sure I'm doing right. I couldn't figure out hoe to download just the updated sagtv 7 stv, so I downloaded sagemaster, deleted the sagetv 7 stv folder and copied that same folder from sage master download to my sagtv setup so that sagetv 7 stv is back. I start install and when I get to tuners there are none. I do the exact same setup but not install new sagetv 7 stv and it can see tuners. Am I doing something wrong when changing to the new stv?
Too many things going on at once to know what's going on. For starters, the updated STV doesn't add many features at this point, so go ahead and get everything working before messing with that. Then, once everything is up and going, you can replace the SageTV7.XML file and restart, and it should be good to go.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 10-14-2015, 09:41 AM
Sage Expert

I tried that in normal and service mode and it does work fine that way , but would it see new tuner installs. This is not an issue for me as I only have 1 tuner. Just wanted to know if I was doing the folder update right and if so then this is a bug report? I have done alot of beta testing in the past and I know this is not even Alpha but thought someone should know about it.
Sage Tv Server-Amd 4200FX quad core, Asus Nvidia EN610 Hdmi out , 8 Gig Ram ,(3) HVR-1800, 3.5 terrabyte storage, Windows 8 Pro on sage 9.09 system . Media Server- 6 Terabytes on 5 drives, Amd x2 6000 8 useable gig ram on win 7 32 bit media server.
Old 10-14-2015, 09:42 AM
Administrator

The latest STV needs newer core changes than what I believe is in a downloadable JAR. There's another thing that needs better coordination...

Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-14-2015, 09:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
The latest STV needs newer core changes than what I believe is in a downloadable JAR. There's another thing that needs better coordination...

Andy
Really, this probably needs to be a new target for the STV update methods if on the v9 .JAR, and updates to the STV would then be handed out the same way they have been for years.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 10-14-2015, 09:57 AM
Sage Expert

To clarify/confuse what Opus said. The current version of the SageTV7.xml file hosted in the git repo will only work on a version of the Sage.jar file which was built after this past Tuesday afternoon as it uses features that didn't exist in the repo until then.

As there currently are no publicly available builds which are that current, you shouldn't upgrade that xml file for the time being unless you can build your own sage.jar file.

Edit to add: edited post in the other thread that was directing people to the updated stv, now includes warning not to do so for the time being.

Last edited by Monedeath; 10-14-2015 at 10:34 AM.
Old 10-14-2015, 10:11 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Really, this probably needs to be a new target for the STV update methods if on the v9 .JAR, and updates to the STV would then be handed out the same way they have been for years.
IIRC, Narflex liked the idea of the STV being handled as a plugin going forward, but nothing has progressed from there as the people doing the actual work have been focused elsewhere.
Old 10-14-2015, 11:45 AM
Sage

Once there are Windows installers; I think that'll solve a lot of the problems relating to mismatched components.
Old 10-14-2015, 12:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
The existing STV update method would have to be updated to take into account a minimum core version requirement. I haven't created an STV update file because right now it would update the STV regardless of what core version is being used.

Even after there is an installer, then maybe the jar download for manual updates should have a related STV... and people shouldn't download the STV on its own.

Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-14-2015, 03:57 PM
Sage Expert

Well, if the STV starts updating through the plugin manager, I understand the plugin manager already does check for minimum version.